Downed my Busa after only 10mi total!

orne

Registered
Hi ya all, chrashed riding at 20mph! (how is that even possible?):rofl: bike landed on the left side. I broke my left hand and collar bone. ???Bike is totally stock. Looking for all parts you can imagine on the left: Cowlings, muffler,heat shield,inner cowling panels,clutch lever, bar end, mirror, passenger footrest. Color, Gray Ghost Metallic. What would be my best bet? E-bay or what? Suggestions please.

From the Land of Ice and Fire
Eagleman

OH MAN! That sucks bro. Slick tires? We have a few sponsors that can hook you up with parts. Hope you heal up fast.

Wow!, that sucks! Sorry to hear that. Going to assume you were insured and insurance is paying for all this stuff. You want to stick with OEM parts or use this as motivation to start modding the bike?

Levers are $25 on eBay for the cheapy ones. $50 per is you go OEM, and you want to spice up your life, go with a Pazzo or the new FP Tacticals.

Buy Now: FP Tactical Levers, FREE Worldwide Ship | PashnitMoto

Img_9066_wuggs.jpg

Pazzos will always be popular too.
Pazzo Racing Levers $179 - FREE Shipping + $10 Engraving | PashnitMoto.com

If you had a Woodcraft Stator cover on there, all you'd be replacing is the puck. :thumbsup:

Woodcraft Engine Covers: Ducati, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Triumph Motorcycles | Pashnit Moto

WRECK6.jpg

WRECK6.jpg

Land of Fire and Ice - as in you are in Iceland?

You've got a zillion options in aftermarket bar ends. We sell a lot of the throttlemeisters to fellow busa owners, but now sure how much you'd need a throttle lock in Iceland.

Buy Now: Throttlemeister Throttle Lock for Motorcycles | PashnitMoto.com

Dsc02826_800_1.jpg

If you need mirrors and don't want to go custom, Emgo makes a good OEM replacement and they are cheap - $40 for a set. Come in stock matte black or in faux carbon fiber finish.

Img_5887_cf_mirrors_640.jpg

Some of us also run the 02-05 GSXR mirrors for slightly different look. Wee wider too.

800_Img_5606.jpg

Img_9392-busa.jpg

You never mentioned what year you have - some of us may have these items sitting on a shelf somewhere if insurance $$$ is not involved & you want quick & cheap.

800_Img_5606.jpg

Img_9392-busa.jpg

Img_5887_cf_mirrors_640.jpg

Dsc02826_800_1.jpg

Man you guys are awasome, :thumbsup:thanks for all the suggestions and pointers so far. Oh, oh...Sorry i forgot to mention this is a 2008 model, no this is not my first bike been riding on and off-road since i was 14yrs old i am only 48yrs now (17yrs in my head of course). Slicks.........no but riding a cold tire on cold and dusty asphalt in temperature at 30°f! so go figure.:banghead: I had just reminded myself before riding off that there was almost 0 traction due to conditions, but at about 400yds. into my ride.........The **** hit the fan!!. Insurance? No i have decided to keep them out as here in ICELAND i have to pay the first approx.$1.300- and then they will out of there good heart pay whatever is left!

Please keep the information flowing.
What about the plastics? I know that i can get them painted and ready for my Goldwing. What about the rocket? The same?

I love those UK. pegs man.
Thanks and keep em comming.......:bowdown:

From the Land of Ice and Fire (yes that is ICELAND)
Eagleman

Hi ya all, chrashed riding at 20mph! (how is that even possible?):rofl: bike landed on the left side. I broke my left hand and collar bone. ???Bike is totally stock. Looking for all parts you can imagine on the left: Cowlings, muffler,heat shield,inner cowling panels,clutch lever, bar end, mirror, passenger footrest. Color, Gray Ghost Metallic. What would be my best bet? E-bay or what? Suggestions please.

From the Land of Ice and Fire
Eagleman

Man, I don't see anything funny about that, bummer

Sorry about the incident, yo...but it appears you're being well cared for.

:beerchug:

Even with the deductible it could run a couple thousand more to replace all those parts.These bikes can get expensive to repair even after a low speed tip over so I'd use the insurance if I were you. That's what it's for. 2 cts worth:whistle:

hate to hear this, sounds like an all-around painful experience...hope you are able to get everything fixed quickly as riding season is just starting :beerchug:

Hi again. One question since i am looking for a new stator cover. Is it the same cover for 1999 through 2010? Just keeping in mind that e-bay years are different as for most of us.Thanks.

From the Land of Ice and Fire.
Eagleman

What gear were you wearing pretty banged up for a 20 mph spill Hope all goes well with your recovery... an the bike..

Sorry to hear about your injuries and damage to your bike.

If you're shopping for new OEM parts check the prices at one of our sponsors Motorsports Super Center. They offer 26% off on Genuine Suzuki Accessories and Suzuki OEM Parts.

Aside from them all I can tell you is eBay.

man sorry bout that...didnt see that you need a muffler (stock) if you do pick up the shipping and its yours. Collar bones suck, so take it easy and keep the arm strapped. Wish I had more take offs to offer up but the exhaust is it...

Back