What crash protectors

newman

Registered
Having not rode a bike since 1979, a gs 750 I think I better get some crash protectors for when I get my busa as I don't want to go up the road on my ear and damage the thing, I used to be a dispatch rider so so iv'e got a bit of experience with those crazies driving round london (taxis,buses). But I was just wondering what protectors to get. Living in england the only thing I can find are the r&g ones. I would want the dealers to fit them so any advice on this thanks Dave.

Hey welcome !! The Busa is kinda of tough to mount them on... have to drill holes in the fairing... i did it myself... not perfect..but they did there job once in a tipover highside..
Search the web for possibly some no drill style frame sliders.

A lot of riders use "sliders" which will keep your paint shiny in a tipover, but I can think of lots of situations where they could make an actual slide worse, at least if you go off the road and into the grass.

If you want the ultimate, try to find Powers Stuntworx "Race Rails". I think they even look good. Here's a thread with some pictures of them. https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/busa-mods/119465-need-slider-info.html However, I'm not positive they are made anymore, but you might get lucky.

I put my Race Rails on last year after the lowside crash..Hope i dont get to see how well they work!

CIMG0574.JPG

CIMG0574.JPG

I have a question about installing the Race Rails?

The engine mount pinch bolts have a value of 25.5 #. How do you get to the pinch bolts to torque them after the fairing is in place? :dunno:

I bought and installed T-Rex frame sliders. Well engineered product and easy install. Support has not been great from the company. I tipped the bike over in the driveway after washing it and damaged one of the delron pucks. They can't get me a replacement puck for 3 months. I'm gonna make one myself, I guess.

T-Rex Suzuki Hayabusa GSX-R1300 Frame Sliders NO C

I purchased some no cut frame sliders off of e-bay. They are pretty heavy duty. Only thing I had to cut was my fairing screens :banghead:

SD530455.jpg

SD530456.jpg

i loved this cage when i had it on had this cage on. its for sale. $250 and its yours. not sure about shipping to england but we can figure it out. shoot me a PM if interested. here some pics. i layed it down to "test" it out.

IMG_5702.JPG

IMG_5707.JPG

IMG_5712.JPG

IMG_5713.JPG

IMG_5702.JPG

IMG_5707.JPG

IMG_5712.JPG

IMG_5713.JPG

lol @ you tipping your bike over just to show how well your sliders work. that cage looks pretty sweet, i'm not gonna lie.
i think you need this for traffic in london (so i've heard)
largewarthog-640x480.jpg

i've got to figure out how to retrofit one of those behind my headlight, lol.

I have the race railz. They were on the bike till the mount for them snapped in half. . . If you get them, don't torque them all the way down. Leave the rear a little more loose or you'll have the same problem. As for how to install, I have a perfect, no guessing way to cut the hole in the right spot. But I'm not at home right now, so I can't post the pics. I'll get back to you when I get home.
Posted via Mobile Device

I would go with the Power Stuntworx race rails. I have seen them work and are easy to replace if you have to.

i loved this cage when i had it on had this cage on. its for sale. $250 and its yours. not sure about shipping to england but we can figure it out. shoot me a PM if interested. here some pics. i layed it down to "test" it out.

View attachment 182867

View attachment 182868

View attachment 182869

View attachment 182870

View attachment 182867

View attachment 182868

View attachment 182869

View attachment 182870
It's looks cool. I wish I can find something similar for Gen 3

Back