Pics from Semi mod fest 2010

Colin was able to do some nice mods with the $ he saved on rain gear.:laugh:

100_0554 (Medium).jpg

Semi left this afternoon and let me know he made it home... Let me tell you how much fun it is to have a guy that lives 9 hours away drive all the way across the country so that I could help install all of his mods.... This is why I love being a part of this forum... At some point over the last 5 days the professor cae riding up on his busa to check on us, we had dinner with Terry and Teddy Penn at hooters. Even Uncle Steve came by to have some fun and there were about 10 people hitting Semi up in text messages crying for updates..... It all starts in your local areas guys... the org is a living breathing community, we don't just post up like facebook, we live to ride and to share in real time.. the website should be just a place to share those stories and get information. If you haven't found the locals in your area, hunt them down...

here are a few more pics of the things that we did...

Here she is all together once we got her all back together...
9.jpg

This is the tower mod that is done with the LED's in the front turn signals. This mod uses a 48 high intensity LED tower 1157 bulb, 24 are yellow and 24 are white.. When you turn your key on the white operates as running lights and when you hit your turn signal the bulb flashes yellow. Great mod, gives a lot of light to the front but more importantly makes the bike more visible. GixerHP has a group buy going on for these so you may want to check it out..
10.jpg

A few more shots of the bike with the red LED's
11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

This is not photoshopped, I used the flash to illuinate the tag and then held the shutter open for a few seconds... This is my favorite shot of the bike...
14.jpg

15.jpg

Baking the mirrors to get the glass out... 350 degrees for about 5 minutes. We used pot holders and pushed in on the ends to create a small gap in the top of the lightso we could get a plastic knife into the edge. We then slid a small tie wrap into the hole and slid the tie wrap around the edge of the mirror just like a tire break bar. Make sure you go to the outside edge as the plastic is not as rigid there. We did the artwork on the computer and then lazed the back of the mirror. When everything was ready we reheated the mirrors in the over at 350 for about 3 minutes the second time, take the case out of the over and just pop the glass back in...
16.jpg

We went out to eat dinner with the professor and he took us to a small diner. He told us that the "Big Nasty" was what he would reccomend. Semi and I both ordered it and Rick ordered soup! whats up with that Rick, then the plate came to the table. I thought they put both our orders on one plate but it was actually one order... An open roast beef sandwich with gravy and cheese... WOW, I had heartburn for two days....
17.jpg

I have to tell you that I have seen the tiger hump mod on the Internet but I have never seen one in person. This thing is fantastic, I will have one soon... It took maybe 5 minutes to get it installed and that was it. I did a short video of how it works and will try to get that up soon.... great product Tiger Racing...
18.jpg

For those of you that use FRS radios with your autocom or other systems this new Motorola radio is the shizzle.... Uncle Steve found them on the Internet and ordered us in a few of them, I found them at best buy for 81.00 for a set. They have rechargeable batteries but more importantly they have the ability to be charged from a USB port. You can use a cell phone charger to keep the radio charged and working all day while your out riding. Not sure about you but I usually have to change the batteries at least once on a ride with the group....

19.jpg

This pic is a little hard to see everything but let me tell you that there is a lot in there... We added a six circuit fuse panel that is triggered off a relay from the key. Semi has a 2 port lighter plug that he can use one side to charge his Cell phone and the other to charge his motorola radio. His autocomm is sitting upright on the side. He can hear his Zumo 660 GPS, listen to MP3's or XM satellite radio that all can be controlled from his GPS. We added a new adapter between the autocom and the zumo that allows his cell phone to bluetooth to the GPS but still be used going down the road with the helmet on.
20.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

This is my favorite thing that we did.... If any of you have ever ridden behind Semi then you know that his tail lights would take turns working and then only sometimes... we rewired his undertail and now they all work just as they are supposed to... Wooo Hooo

21.jpg

21.jpg

Let me apologize now for the audio cutting out.... A walk around Semi's bike....

Last edited:
I'm really jealous! It should be illegal for you guys to be able to get together and have all that fun! Man-O-live.............great mod job fellas!!
Hey Doug...............who does the '56 cop cruiser belong to? Nice! :thumbsup:

Back