VArio windscreen?

scotty - 12

Registered
Anyone running one of these? I am 6'5" and on the fence with keeping my Busa only b/c I do some distance riding and need more wind protection on long hwy rides (and storage - which I will fix with hard bags). Had a touring screen on Gen 1 and hated it b/c it threw air into my chin. Will this do the same or will the adjustment help a guy who is 6'5"?

This thread was a little helpful but not sure where it redirects the wind...

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/112226-mra-vario.html

A touring screen hit you in the chin? You must be more than 6'5", I am 6'2" and I have a double bubble type from factory suzuki and it does awesome.

That vario is the weirdest thing I have ever saw :poke: but hey if it works, which it seems to. Maybe someone will chime in that actually has one.

Vario Rocks... 5'11" and works killer for me..

2000 Low Budget Busa 019 (Small).jpg

I have the Suzuki touring screen and the Vario. Both set the air flow very close with the Vario in the top position. The difference is that the Vario can be adjusted to get the smoothest airflow and less turbulence. The air still won't go over your head while sitting up. You would need a barn door sized windscreen for that.

Very helpful guys thanks. I had a ST screen on my Gen 1 so the vario sounds like it would offer similar wind protection. Just gotta figure out if thats enough (I want it to be) for me to do some touring. If so, its off to buy a nicer seat, throttlemeister and rear waterproof case/rack.... :please:

They are also coming out with a X wing.. Which will be even taller than the std wing..

I got a email from MRA... :thumbsup:

They are also coming out with a X wing.. Which will be even taller than the std wing..

I got a email from MRA... :thumbsup:

Did it say anything about the Xwing being interchangeable with the older original style?

Did it say anything about the Xwing being interchangeable with the older original style?

Yes it will be adaptable.. It will come with the taller wing and new beefier hinges..

I have been in contact with Amanda at twistedthrottle about when it will available..

Yes it will be adaptable.. It will come with the taller wing and new beefier hinges..

I have been in contact with Amanda at twistedthrottle about when it will available..

Cool, I like mine as is but could allways use a little more protection

Yea, I could use a bigger wing,,, My MRA gets a lot of "What the hell is that"
I say it keeps the front end down at 190 MPH,,, I know its B/S but.....
Mike

Back