Help choosing Paint Color

telesmith1465

Registered
I'm in the process of painting my 2003 Busa. I want to paint it a Burgandy Color, but can't really find what I want. Most colors I have found or either to red or to purple looking. Thank for any ideas.

Are you looking for Candy Sonoma Red? That is the color of the 07 oem paint.

I have seen that color on the Hayabusa History, but never have seen it on an actual bike. Does it look more burgandy or red. Computer doesn't all ways show true color.

yeah its a little darker red than brighter... Revolution (Dave) is a painter here, he might have some pointers for you on the color. Where are you located? Perhaps you can catch a group ride and see the various colors in person? :thumbsup:

I'm located in Western N.C... DK55BELAIR is going to paint it for me and I'm about to drive him nuts lol. We are ready to paint it, so I have to make a decision soon. We will be going to Spring Bash, but it will have to be done then.

Candy Sonoma Red might be something I need to take a closer look at then. I really like the color of DEMMYM's bike, but I have never ask him the color. I don't won't be rude and try to copy someone else.

Candy Sonoma Red might be something I need to take a closer look at then. I really like the color of DEMMYM's bike, but I have never ask him the color. I don't won't be rude and try to copy someone else.

he isn't shy, just ask him :thumbsup: seriously though, his bike does look great, dont think he would mind having a twin :beerchug:

look forward to seeing the final product in april :cool:

That is the color of Misty, she's an 07.

My bike would be far from being his bike's twin. That thing is awesome! I look forward to meeting you in April also. Hopefully I'll have some pics posted before then. We have been snapping shots through the process.

Misty is Sonoma Red wow. I thought that was a custom color. I really appreciate all the input. I never thought choosing a color would be so hard. Just can't afford not to get it right the first time...

I had a 97 ZX11 that was one of the prettiest colors I have ever seen on a bike.
Yes it was a bit purplish but it was beautiful.
Whenever Blanca is in need this will be the color she gets.

97 ZX11 AT JD DIST.jpg

I have seen that color on the Hayabusa History, but never have seen it on an actual bike. Does it look more burgandy or red. Computer doesn't all ways show true color.
It's a FINE color!! :thumbsup:

Here's some pics from mine to give you a good idea of direct sunlight color. The Suzuki site does NOT do it justice! The first pic is washed out due to sun reflection and the camera not adjusting correctly, but the 2nd is a great actual color. I wouldn't describe it as a burgundy, that was the 06 color - burg/black. This is more of a deep red candy.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the pics. The more I look at the more I like the Sonoma Red...
Indeed!! The first pic I posted reminds me of the Suzuki website pic, the color looked to "red" for my taste, but then once I saw it in person and the actual color....it was a thousand times better!!

+1000 on the 07 Sonoma. That's the color Kandi was before her whitewash. It definitley has candy and metallic aspects to it. Tons of depth for a stock color.

Color shows well all the time. She was disgustingly dirty in this pic. I didn't feel the need to clean up for the "Company" :rofl:
busa.jpg

I have seen the Candy Sonoma and it looks really good. I have a Maroon/Burgandy Trailblazer SS that looks pretty good. The Chevy paint is called Red Jewel Tintcoat. I don't have any real good pics yet. And there's a couple pics of my friends Candy Sonoma.

2010-02-10 (01) Trailblazer.jpg

2010-02-10 (03) Trailblazer.jpg

PB153637.jpg

PB153638.jpg

PB153639.jpg

Back