LTA 2010 event

Commuta_Busa

Donating Member
Registered
For anyone planning on attending this event you better book your room quick.

I called the Caribou Inn today and they're all booked already.
I was able to get a room at the Hampton Inn. They only have 7 rooms left.

Whatever Motel/Inn you book at you should ask if they have a discount for the Loring Timing Association.

The race is scheduled for 7/30 Tech, 7/31-8/1 Race. :cheerleader:

If you wanna go fast, this is the place to do it no matter what you ride! :laugh: :bowdown::cheerleader:

IMG_8186.jpg

P8015993.jpg

P8015989.jpg

I had planned on it but can't get vacation those dates at work due to my union senority... :(

Maybe next year...

I'm in, as are two more "new" guys from New England Dragway.

100 more HP than last year.
60 less pounds than last year.
5+% reduction in CdA.
Plenty of gearing combinations

Now its just a matter of common sense loosing out to engineering curiosity.

Since you've already got some Loring runs under your belt what do you expect your mph increase will be with all of your changes?
I'm in, as are two more "new" guys from New England Dragway.

100 more HP than last year.
60 less pounds than last year.
5+% reduction in CdA.
Plenty of gearing combinations

Now its just a matter of common sense loosing out to engineering curiosity.

Since you've already got some Loring runs under your belt what do you expect your mph increase will be with all of your changes?

Weight doesn't enter into the calculation.
Biggest change is reducing the frontal area. I eliminated the tank, and have my head and shoulders a good 3 to 4 inches lower, reducting the frontal area from 6.1 ft^2 to (estimated so far) 5.8 ft^2. Thats a huge difference.

The bike should go 230 if the rider is willing. Not sure if the rider is willing:whistle:

Weight doesn't enter into the calculation.
Biggest change is reducing the frontal area. I eliminated the tank, and have my head and shoulders a good 3 to 4 inches lower, reducting the frontal area from 6.1 ft^2 to (estimated so far) 5.8 ft^2. Thats a huge difference.

The bike should go 230 if the rider is willing. Not sure if the rider is willing:whistle:

Do you need a jockey... :whistle:

...a 220lb jockey... :laugh:

I guess I better get a room or two
My wonderful wife said last night it is stiil a go
and yes Bill my kids have thier passports:whistle:

JC - it wouldn't hurt to book now and if you end up not going just cancel 24hours in advance. :thumbsup: I hope you make it and no more sampling of the runway. :laugh:

Cali kid - I'm sure you'll be the visitor with the most travel miles again this year. It's hard to be any further away than California. :bowdown:

Im Planning on being there. Got off the week before and the week after. Hope the bike will be ready. Still alot of time and money that has to be spent.

I'll be there with the warden and kids for a great time again. We had a blast and it's where I finally broke 200 so wouldn't miss it for the world! also we had a great time in Canada on the Friday before the event and we hope to cross the border again.:thumbsup:

Back