Man I LIKE THESE 2 WEAPONS

I like the Kimber But find it's a little heavy, The Kimber has some great safety features. I carry a Walther PPS with a Crossbreed Holster.

PPS.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

I like the Kimber But find it's a little heavy, The Kimber has some great safety features. I carry a Walther PPS with a Crossbreed Holster.

Very nice handgun there Jon :thumbsup: The interchangeable backstraps is a nice feature on that gun. Did you go w/ the 9mm or the .40S&W ?

i want a double stacked kimber .45. whaddya know, their corporate hq is here in town...

sorry, not corporate, sales and marketing. i can't find the double stack on the website, but i've seen it referenced as the ten-2, but don't see it for sale anywhere. i'm gonna go ask tomorrow.

did you check out para. they make some nice double stacks.... ive never seen a double kimber 1911

The Glock is about the ugliest handgun I have ever seen. But, if I am going to trust my life to a semi auto's ability to fire, cycle and fire again (not that I will need another shot:whistle:), it will be a Glock.

single stack... the bullets in the mag are in a single column

20589f60.jpg

double stack. the bullets are in a staggered column. increases capacity and overal grip width as well as weight.

cbc54e0b.jpg

DoubleStackMag.jpg

single stack... the bullets in the mag are in a single column

20589f60.jpg

double stack. the bullets are in a staggered column. increases capacity and overal grip width as well as weight.

cbc54e0b.jpg

DoubleStackMag.jpg

Thanks Matty. So my Glock is considered a single stack correct? And the term "hi cap" mag doesn't have anything to do w/ this right?

dunno about the glock... hi cap refers to laws regarding mag caps. most singles dont matter on restricted mag laws "aka hi cap bans". most of your high cap mags are double stacked though...

what model glock you have i can look it up real quick. i just dont know much about them. most ones ive seen are double stacked. as with most polymer frame guns.

dunno about the glock... hi cap refers to laws regarding mag caps. most singles dont matter on restricted mag laws "aka hi cap bans". most of your high cap mags are double stacked though...

what model glock you have i can look it up real quick. i just dont know much about them. most ones ive seen are double stacked. as with most polymer frame guns.

Yeah I have the Model 23 (.40S&W)....just like the pic on the 1st page of this thread. I'm positive it came w/ a single stack. At the time I believe the gun shop that I purchased it from told me they have to sell it that way in Virginia (where I bought it) But that Hi-Cap mags could easily be found at gun shows. That was back in 2001 though....I think George Jr. changed all that and you can pretty much buy Hi-Cap mags anywhere now. And I agree..I believe those are the same as double stacks.

As you can se I'm pretty much a gun novice...I enjoy taking it to the range occassionally, other than that...its for home defense.

GLOCK "Safe Action Pistols"

looks like theyre all doubles now... when the assault ban was in they had to sale them with restricted mags, but it expired and hasnt and probably wont ever be back, you can buy them anywhere as long as its ok in your state.:beerchug:

Brian your gun either came with ten rnd mags or 13 rnd mags.
The ten round glock mags are single stack in the 23/19 model I'm pretty sure.
I'll check in the morn .
Either way it doesn't matter as you can buy factory new 13 rnd magsnow for like 15 bucks.
Just need to make sure it's legal to own where you live.
The Natl assault weapons ban and hi cap mag ban expired but still some local places cities and states have their own silly laws .
See if you can only carry ten rnds instead of say 18-19 in your normal beretta mag they feel safer ?
Just goes to show how stupid some lawmakers are.
Never heard of an extra mag.

Tried to ban guns with devices called flash suppressors .
Ok fine they make guns with muzzle brakes instead....:laugh:

they ban on bayonets made them feel safer too..

dont get me started on muzzle "breaks" :rofl:

they called compensators for cali....

I too have over 4000 rounds threw my Glock and have only had 2 spent shell jams. In my eyes that is pretty damn good.

the 1911 fired 6k in 1911.....

most any modern firearm is as reliable as the ammo and user...

Browning's pistols passed the whole test series with flying colors. It was the first firearm to undergo such a test, firing continuously 6000 cartridges, a record broken only in 1917 when Browning's recoil-operated machine gun fired a 40000 rounds test.

The M1911 Pistols Organization

Just like my Busa I mod my carry gun to make it the way I like it and different than anyone elses.

This is my 13+ year old 1911 carry gun. I had the front sight post replaced with a dovetail type, checkered the front strap, frame and small parts armory coated to match the slide, FBI novak night sights installed, thin aluma grips.

2unpack.jpg

3sight.jpg

5close.jpg

I have had a few service type pistols, Sig, XD's, Walther, etc they are all good shooters but I keep the 1911's as they are deadly accurate and mine go bang everytime I pull the trigger. I still have a TRP, eclipse and this one.

Back