500+ Miles R/T (Grand Canyon Run)

Here are more from the 'grip' I took yesterday.

Busas at GC (12).jpg

Busas at GC (13).jpg

Busas at GC (11).jpg

After we left the Canyon park, we went through Cameron before heading back to Flagstaff, down the 17 to cross Prescott County.

Here are some pix from Cameron...it's nothing more than an outcropping of businesses for traveler convenience. We refueled and headed South on 89

Before we got to Prescott, it started raining (different mountain range), and we could see there was a rather active thunderstorm occurring in the advancing mountain. While we were crossing the summit, the lightning was bolting directly overhead. Very cool.

We got wet there, too. :whistle:

I think that's it, ya'llz.

Thanks again, Jason, for a great day out...:beerchug:

Cameron AZ (1).jpg

Cameron AZ (2).jpg

Cameron AZ (3).jpg

Thanks again Scar, what a perfect collection of pics for me to view, given my forthcoming bicycle ride to the Canyon in June! Doyle

i am so jealous! i have wanted to see the Grand Canyon for years but i have refused to go until i can do it on a bike, looks like next year is going to be it! thanks for sharing the pics :beerchug:

For anyone who has never been there...I looked at these images as if through your eyes...and nothing; not even the best pictures, can convey the beauty and magnitude of this place.

In a word: Go.

Thanks for all the comments, guys.

The trip back was harrowing, at best. I've never ridden in the falling snow, slush, freezing cold, hail, and thunder/lightning. Crazy stuff.

...all part of the experience, though...:beerchug:

Last edited:
Great pics as always. Thanks for sharing.:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

How I wish I can ride with you guys.

Someday:please:

The pics turned out pretty damn good Scar. It was pretty fun to do the ride up there and to be able to see the Grand Canyon while on the back of the bike, although it was a little cold.
The weather on the way back not fun to ride in, but like Scar said we were dropping in elevation pretty fast so we just slowed down to the speed limit and pressed on. The one thing that we were not able to get a pic of was the look on peoples faces as we rode by them as the snow, hail, and the rain was falling.
:beerchug::thumbsup::beerchug:

I am also glad that we listened to the very cute female park ranger and took the back way out of the park. We got to see some really beautiful scenery and the roads were not all beat up from the snow plows.

If anyone wants to take a trip up to the Grand Canyon just shoot me a message. I am always up for a trip heading north. :thumbsup::beerchug::thumbsup:

Sleeper,
Anytime you can make it this way I will be more then happy to show you around the state of Arizona and even hit the Grand Canyon. :thumbsup:

LOOKS great and fun never BEEN there, darn it i wish i could of made it!...but i got too busy...would of never made the ride out in time...so i just went to Barona instead....

I want to ride out there someday, I think I get 2 weeks vacation next year I may try to plan a Grand Canyon trip. Its a little more than a day trip from Tennesse, but I can be at the dragon in 3 1/2 hours :thumbsup:
Great pics I hope to see it all first hand someday

Thanks for the pics, looks like fun.

KV,
Anytime you make it out here, just look me up and I can show you around the state and hit the Grand Canyon. We might even be able to get some of the SoCal Hoons out here to do some riding with us! :beerchug:

talk about nerve racking riding in the snow, not fun at all. good to hear you guys made it out clean slate. great pic's of the canyon! :thumbsup:

Definitely! Huge lats! Broad shoulders.

And Huge responsibilities :laugh:

So sorry I missed this thread and even more the ride.

Happy to hear you and Jason were able to make it home safely.:thumbsup:

That is a beautiful ditch and I hope to make that trip with you and Jason and many more members someday.
Great shots and thank you for sharing them with us.
Bubba, jealous as a Hoon.

Back