Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
GENII HAYABUSA FAIRING REMOVAL TUTORIAL VIDEOS W/PICS

TOOLS NEEDED ARE:
ONE 4MM ALLEN WRENCH
ONE SMALL FLAT BLADE SCREWDRIVER
ONE TOOL WITH A POINT TO BE USED TO DEPRESS CENTER OF PUSH PINS

Each video is separate and the bike is complete upon starting both.
I decided to have it complete and together and show how to take each panel off from step one.
This will make removing one without the other easier for you if you are only servicing a particular side.
You may notice I have belly pan off bike.
This is because I permanently relocated the regulator/rectifier. https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...rectifier-regulator-relocate-project-how.html
It in no way prevents removal of either side if left on.

This is a video of how to remove the right side fairing or cowling as some call it. I am not a pro nor a mechanic.
This is my effort to make it easy on ones who have not done it or are not comfortable doing it.
It is in no way the only way but if followed it is an easy way to remove side panel.
To take off right side panel you only need to remove the first 13 fasteners.
Last 5 can be removed if you decide to take off other side panel.
PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME. DO NOT HURRY.
DO NOT GIVE ANY MORE EFFORT THROUGHOUT PROCESS THAN IT WOULD TAKE TO LIFT A 5LB BLOCK.

STOP ! PLEASE REVIEW PICS BELOW FIRST

This is a video of how to remove the left side fairing or cowling as some call it. I am not a pro nor a mechanic.
This is my effort to make it easy on ones who have not done it or are not comfortable doing it.
It is in no way the only way but if followed it is an easy way to remove side panel.
To take off left side panel you only need to take off the first 13 fasteners.
Last 5 can be removed if you decide to take off other side panel.
PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME. DO NOT HURRY.
DO NOT GIVE ANY MORE EFFORT THROUGHOUT PROCESS THAN IT WOULD TAKE TO LIFT A 5LB BLOCK.

STOP ! PLEASE REVIEW PICS BELOW FIRST

I recommend you review pictures below.
They detail areas you need to pay attn to when removing and installing your fairings/cowlings.
I have included these pics because some of the video clarity is lost upon uploading to Youtube.

I want to thank my two beautiful assistants.
Kathy my daughter for filming and Blanca the Spokesbike who was gracious enough to cooperate thru the processes..

FAIRING TUTORIAL.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 003.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 001.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 002.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 004.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 005.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 006.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 008.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 009.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 010.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 011.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 012.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 013.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 014.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 015.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 017.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 018.jpg

FAIRING TUTORIAL 019.jpg

As I posted in the installation thread.... Hands down one of the best "how-to" tutorial series I have seen. Professional job Saiid! These will come in very handy over time for new & old members alike.

PIN 'EM!

First step in any operation is read:.....:poke:

Kathy my daughter for filming and Blanca the Spokesbike who was gracious enough to cooperate thru the processes..

The Dragon flew the cave in a Jealous fit......:laugh:

thanks for the time and effort gave me a few pointers even though ive done it a couple times before....

The Dragon flew the cave in a Jealous fit......:laugh:

Ok so...Cuban Dragon Jr. :poke: Close enough.....

:laugh:

I've had mine off a number of times--but--I still learned a couple of "tricks". Thanks for the demo!:thumbsup:

OUTSTANDING. This will make this job so much less intimidating for a lot of folks!

I notice you don't completely remove the undercowl for either side, which goes against the service manual (but looks like it works really well). If you are going to take both panels off (like when changing coolant) youwill have to take that completely off. That bottom radiator cover front undercowl will come off with either side.

I also missed on the left side how you worked that pushpin out when you reached inside. I could not get that pushpin out it was very tight I think your method will help.

Also good tip: Put a dab of grease on every pinhead before remounting, it will make them pop right in and pop right out with little effort and help them not bind and break.

Two comments:

1. You do not have a bottom skirt because you removed your rectifier. A stock owner will have to remove the two push pins on the rectifier frame, and be carful with that one bolt underneath on the RH side as that where it connects to the RH fender.

VERY IMPRESSIVE and will come in VERY HANDY. This has needed to be done for a LONG TIME. Highly recommend sticky! Going to come in handy next oil change for SURE. Keep em coming!

Skydvr I made mention of the belly pan and included link to the modification....:poke:

but yes it should be made clear again rectifier and belly pan are not on my bike .
I don't believe it makes a diff as it does not need to come off to remove either side .

I'm not a pro nor an MMI grad I just hope that they make it easier for folks.
I stumble a bit here and there and no matter what those inner panels and chin skirt are HARRRRRRRD !

Last edited:
Hey Blance...

Very good job on this, I know it must have taken along time to do this, alot of org members will get much needed help from this video.

Your a stand up guy my friend and a asset to the org:thumbsup:

Back