Polished Rear Rim

I cant recommend anything ,cuz I'm new to the game myself. Try doing a searcj at www.jegs.com for the Zoop product to get a list of other car detailing products they carry, I recall seeing another polishing product they carry that came with a sealer for $34.00 or go to site Stunna suggested (Caswell). They seem to carry almost everything for this type of project.

Good luck and keep me the loop with your results.

forget the zoop crap and just spray the rim with a few coats of clear[/QUOTE]

Dude, you need
1zhelp.gif
laugh.gif

good job and polishing like you said there are plenty of ways to polish. after polishing the best way i have found to keep it clean and long lasting is to spray some clear over the polished area done it to my r1 and looks great , nothing sticks to it and have yet to see any oxidation. plus it was cheap i had some clear leftover when i sprayed my bike so just went ahead and sprayed my frame and wheels. good luck with the search dude

you mean like regular wax type cleaner?

Put your brakes on Playa, my bad Apokiliptik1 , I thought you were jokn about using a clearcoat as a sealer.  I think I'll pass on that one and let Him try that one.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101443494 -->

you mean like regular wax type cleaner[/QUOTE]

It should be for metal.

its cool man . some people when i told them i sprayed a few coats of clearcoat on the frame and wheels looked at me kind of funny but i am telling ya it works when i wash my bike i dont have to look over the frame and see if it has any spots of oxidation or water spots in it . yea i was kinda skeptical about spraying it but at the time i did it i was like if it didnt work just sand it down and repolish it but, luckily it worked and didnt have to. try to get some pics up tomorrow cuz just repainted the bike do to hurricane ivan and havent been to the site in awhile and cant sign on with original screename .btw still a good job on polishing
beerchug.gif

Itz all good baby, I still gotz luv for ya. Since the tempz are down in the 40's with no signs of it lQQking like itz going to hit anything above 75 here soon I'm gonna have to pass on spraying the clear on anything for now but I'll diffinitely try it out this spring.

Thanks for the suggestion and compliment, Pimp and when you get time post some photoz.

Holla
beerchug.gif

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101476450 -->

RHYTHM,
The best stuff I have found to keep them sealed and clean is California Custom Purple Polish WWW.californiacustom.com

I did mine and use this stuff on all my toys. No hard rubbing and it lasts, riding in rain and stuff, for about 4 months, with just a little touch-up

P7160065.JPG

so the stuff like mothers and nvr dull dont have a sealer protectant in them?

but for the time being should it be ok with one or the other becasue im not ridin again til early march

but for the time being should it be ok with one or the other becasue im not ridin again til early march
[/QUOTE]

Its your money, why make the same mistake
rock.gif

RHYTHM,
The best stuff I have found to keep them sealed and clean is California Custom Purple Polish WWW.californiacustom.com
[/QUOTE]

I dont know about the Purple stuff but if its the same stuff I used a few year ago it seemed to be alittle too harsh to use as a final polishing product. After buffing with Rouge on my stock cans on my first Bus I used the Purple stuff as a final polishr and it seemed to leave scratches and "dull" the nice reflective shine I got from Rouge. Since then I never used it again .

Thanks for the suggestion .

LQQKn good ,Clr. Like I said before maybe its not the same product , aleast from what I can see, nice job.

Back