NC Raleigh ride Sunday Feb, 21st

A bunch of them!

IMG_1637.jpg

First Group Ride of 2010 in NC. I call it the JELLYRUN...
Just wanted to thank JELLYRUG for starting the Thread for this ride. We had a GREAT turn out. Nice meeting everybody. JOSHS, EDDIE, and JELLYRUG. In all we had 12 in the group.

P1040477.jpg

P1040478.jpg

P1040479.jpg

P1040480.jpg

P1040481.jpg

SO JEALOUS of you guys right now.....

Glad to see some of us aren't stuck inside this time of the year.....we have to have someone to live vicariously through during the winter months. :thumbsup:

As you wish Sean...

Started off with just a few

Thanks Peter.....not sure that i wanted to see you guys having so much fun while I'm socked in with 3-6 inches of snow!

Looks like you guys had a good time.:beerchug:

SO JEALOUS of you guys right now.....

Glad to see some of us aren't stuck inside this time of the year.....we have to have someone to live vicariously through during the winter months. :thumbsup:

Don't be to Jealous it was a COLD start to the Ride 28' degrees but by 10:00am is was in the 50's the High was 64'

Thanks Peter.....not sure that i wanted to see you guys having so much fun while I'm socked in with 3-6 inches of snow!

Looks like you guys had a good time.:beerchug:

We had 6" just a couple of weeks ago!

It was good to get out, wish you could have joined us Sean. Hope you are doing well keeping warm on the West Coast :)

Technically it's Colorado, a land locked state.....but what's a little geography between friends.:laugh:

Thanks all, nice meeting you and that ride was so much fun, I enjoyed every minute from Raleigh onwards.:laugh:

Quick ride report:

David (Dallaster) and I left 7:30 AM from Pinehurst, they said 42F but it was 27F. If someone would have tazered my a$$ I think it would have been less painful. Don't know NC, so riding with a GPS, means I need glasses to read it, means open visor otherwise fog. Nuff said. We picked up Rock and his party two exits too late, (brain freeze) but it all worked out in the end.

Arrive in Raleigh, Rock saying a quick prayer in the backround.
NC Busa run 002_edited-1.jpg
12 riders arrived, and it warmed up for a nice day. 10 Busas, a 750 Kawasaki and a Beemer 1200 RT.
NC Busa run 004_edited-1.jpg
Beemer Tim and Loomis saying. "Ya think this dude from Arkansas knows where he's going?"
NC Busa run 006_edited-1.jpg
He's saying, "Maaannn it's cold!!!"
NC Busa run 007_edited-1.jpg
Jellyrug trying to mount his bike from the wrong side???
NC Busa run 008_edited-1.jpg
Gas stop, these guys in NC can ride, this Kawi stayed with the big brothers, through the twisties, beside a bit of white magic smoke, no problem.
NC Busa run 009_edited-1.jpg
Rock, blue bike blue gas and a bit of diesel, watch this thing fly after this!
NC Busa run 011_edited-1.jpg
Loomis is singing us a little song, before we re-mount.
NC Busa run 013_edited-1.jpg
WhiteLe and I found a plan to make this Beemer a bit lighter and faster.
NC Busa run 014_edited-1.jpg
Is that another prayer going down, right in the back?
NC Busa run 015_edited-1.jpg

Some notes, no more pictures. After the last stop, Eddie had money flying out of his pockets all over the road. Rock and I stopped, while Rock patiently walked the pavement, picking up receipts and bank notes.:whistle: Eddie, are you broke, brother? Anyways, after that Rock opened up to catch the group with me behind, no way I could stay with you Bro, good riding.

David and I did roll ons on highway 1, just want to let you know young man, I was in 4th, while you were in 6th, that's why.:laugh:

Out of town for two weeks, see you guys later in March. Guess I'm gonna have to give up my SUZUKI Arkansas plate and trade it for something in NC.

NC Busa run 002_edited-1.jpg

NC Busa run 004_edited-1.jpg

NC Busa run 006_edited-1.jpg

NC Busa run 007_edited-1.jpg

NC Busa run 008_edited-1.jpg

NC Busa run 009_edited-1.jpg

NC Busa run 011_edited-1.jpg

NC Busa run 013_edited-1.jpg

NC Busa run 014_edited-1.jpg

NC Busa run 015_edited-1.jpg

Hey I made it back home safe and thanks guys for letting an old guy tag along,great to meet everyone.I'm usually in church on sundays so sat is my main riding day.I look foward to hooking up with you guys again gotta have someone to pick up my money Thanks !!

:welcome: what's going on sean. missed ya brotha. even talked about ya a little (all good of cource) :laugh:

I'm staring at my poor bike in the garage....where it's been for the last month or so. Between TDY's and all the snow here my average annual mileage has taken a ding. I see you guys didn't make it to hooters...:laugh::whistle:

I'm staring at my poor bike in the garage....where it's been for the last month or so. Between TDY's and all the snow here my average annual mileage has taken a ding. I see you guys didn't make it to hooters...:laugh::whistle:

Next run to Hooters Greensboro! How long it'll take you from CO to Greensboro Sean?

@Jellyrug - nice pics! (oh and that's not Rock but Scotty with the Blue Busa).

Eddie- you're up the street from me, hit me up if you want to do some riding on a Sat. I'll make sure you're in front so I can catch the cash! :laugh:

Back