Question on Gen II Mod?

BusaJim08

Registered
Okay I did the Hump mod so that I can have the hand grip always on and just quick change to the seat. Sorry I dont have any pics right now, I'm at work. Shhh!! It turned out looking great though.
My question is for anyone who has also done this on a Gen II. Since I had to cut arround 2 of the support bolts, the back is a little loose and isn't completely secure. Are all Gen II's this way, or did anyone find a better way to fix this issue? Please show pics if you have them of the underside of your mod.
Thanks

Well I haven't done this mod yet but I've been thinking about it.

The way I'm going to do this, or try to do this, is buy one of these plates from Tiger Racing:

Tiger Racing

I'm thinking with that setup clearance won't be an issue with having the grab bar on all the time and that will give me more storage.

I know a couple members here have done this mod also so hopefully they will chime in shortly. :beerchug:

Well I haven't done this mod yet but I've been thinking about it.

The way I'm going to do this, or try to do this, is buy one of these plates from Tiger Racing:

Tiger Racing

I'm thinking with that setup clearance won't be an issue with having the grab bar on all the time and that will give me more storage.

I know a couple members here have done this mod also so hopefully they will chime in shortly. :beerchug:

That looks great but When i did mine I had to remove not only part of the plate but also where the two rear bolts secure onto the actual Hump. I cound't get the needed clearance without it.

These are not my photo's but mine looks pretty much the same. From the outside it looks great, but it is a little loose without the two extra bolts.

hump3.jpg

hump7.jpg

Well, thanks for that info. I now know that won't work.

What about taking the seat pan off the passenger seat and finding a way to attach it to the hump? That rear seat works with the grab rail so I would think you might be able to find a way to get the rear seat pan to work with the hump. Then if it does work you can buy a rear seat of ebay or something. Just a thought. :dunno:

I am looking at doing the grab rail mod on my Gen I myself. Does anyone have a link to the thread that will help me do this mod?

I got a lot of info by going to search on the top of this page and typing gen I or Gen II mod, or hump mod, or grab bar mod.
I still haven't seen or heard anything about my question though.

i used a piece of aluminum about 1" wide from home depot and bent it correctly, then screwed it to the posts that hold those two bolts that are molded in to the actual hump. Then laid the cover back on and screwed that to the aluminum bracket. May not make much sense, give me a few hours and i will get some pics up so u can see what i did. It took a few minutes to get it just right, but it's as strong as a rock

i used a piece of aluminum about 1" wide from home depot and bent it correctly, then screwed it to the posts that hold those two bolts that are molded in to the actual hump. Then laid the cover back on and screwed that to the aluminum bracket. May not make much sense, give me a few hours and i will get some pics up so u can see what i did. It took a few minutes to get it just right, but it's as strong as a rock

Thanks.
I look forward to the pics.

I used some self-tapping screws to re-attach that piece on mine. Worked great with no vibration.

Back