how to remove suspension links, ASAP!!!

Is this what you did ?
I'm still kunfuzed ?

8357647.jpg

You can actually do this on the kick stand, I dont reccomend it but it can be done, Place the bike on its stand, Place a floor jack just under the shock, You can raise the floor jack just enough to take the tension off the links without raising the bike off the kick stand, Like I said I dont reccomend but it can be done.

Mathew if you find yourself near OKLA come on over and I have a stand you can have.

i'll take you up on that, and make sure i swing through ok on my way to where i'm stationed.

first pic is where i set her down. she was laid softly on a towel, and yes i did it by myself, there's a reason people call me ogre. second pic is max uptravel, lol. the tiger tail really lets the bike squat down low. btw, it rolls like this, so nothing is hitting the tire.

0216001638.jpg

0216001641.jpg

Oh Who shot that Busa.....?

Theres a reason my wife calls me Flaco and that would not be something I could do.

Glad it worked out safe..

BIG HAMMER...I NEED A BIGGER HAMMER

Last edited:
So...im kind of confused whether or not you got the problem solved or not yet :laugh: :beerchug:

I did mine just on kickstand...then I took my small car jack and put it on the rear tire and lifted up on the underfairing (there is a nice flat spot in the center). This worked perfect and I would imagine would hold for a very long time...there was no noises from the jack being on the underfairing, and it took very little effort to take the force off the bolts.

lol, yea, it's figured out. i'm gonna lean the bike up against the refridgerator until the links come in, and start looking for an adjustable kickstand so i can drop it. i'm wondering if anything can be done to correct steering geometry when it's low. probably not

that's a tiger tail. tiger racing makes and sells them for ~119 if i remember right. might be a bit more or a bit less, but i gained a good 4 inches of clearance and i got to keep the factory light. i like how the factory light looks, just have an integrated tail on the way, since you lose the factory signals.

As far as fixin the geometry of bein lowered, just match the front to the rear, that about as good as it gets.

Looks like that Tiger tail will allow the tail to go a lot lower than the front will...by the pics anyway

You don't need to lower it 2 in the front. You won't have an oil pan long if you do......
Put the rear on the middle notch, it will handle fine.

Looks like that Tiger tail will allow the tail to go a lot lower than the front will...by the pics anyway

yea, that thing is TUCKED. thing that gets me tho, is even with it being THAT low, it still doesn't rub anything.

Be sure to re adjust your chain, the lower you go the tigher it might get...

Back