Anybody else working on an old car this winter?

Casperle

Registered
Redoing the inside of my Mustang this winter.I ve had it since 88 and am refreshing it some to enjoy the summer with, along with the busa of course. Put the console back in this morning it was a real pain finding the screw holes through the new carpet and insulation without getting mad and scratching everything.Still I think a nice way to pass the winter.

mustang interier 005.jpg

Nice project...new carpeting makes a huge difference! When I put a new carpet in my 83 mustang, I remember how hard all those screw holes were to find, especially at the door sills.

Be careful, though...it gets tough when you have a badazz car and bike and it comes time to choose which one to take out on that perfect 85 degree summer day... I sold a 91 XR2 Turbo for this reason.

Not my car, but I'm helping a friend update the blower in his 03 Cobra. This pic was from last week:

Whipple%20Install%20024.jpg

200 or 286? I had a '65 200 and sadly never got a chance to really mes with it. I was working so much, my wife and her father actually did a makeover on the car, but it was just asthetics.

Would love to see more pics of that Stang, What year is it.

I have built a few Show Trucks in my time but hopefully some day will try my hand at building a 67 Nova or a 67 Pontiac Convertible Firebird or 68 Camaro. We will just have to wait and see how that plays out.

I have a freind with a 67 Camaro torn all apart and sitting in his garage, If I hold out long enough maybe he will make me a hell of a deal on it.

T-1.jpg

T-2.jpg

T-3.jpg

T-4.jpg

T-5.jpg

Ended up trading this for a 1969 31ft Chris Craft Boat

T-1.jpg

T-2.jpg

T-3.jpg

T-4.jpg

T-5.jpg

Last edited:
Hey micheal my buddys got a 67 nova post he's making a chassis car out of. I think he's putting a 565 or so in it and a bunch of nitro. Another guy I work with has a nova wagom I've been thinking about picking up and putting a mild sbc in for a cool little family hauler.

Right now I got my 85 swb gmc. Had it for sale to buy parts for bike and cars. But I think its gonna be home for my 454 when it gets built this summer. Was gonna put it in my 79 z camaro. But it needs a lot more work than my truck.

Nice stangs btw. 03-04 cobras and even the machs were pure sex. Wish I wouldve held out and got one. I got an 02 gt. 99-04 is still my fav body folowed by the 87-93 notch.
Posted via Mobile Device

I just sold my 67 nova SS last week...

Just did not have any time for it,

novaandb-king008.jpg

Its a 65 fastback.Got it in 88 I was 14 Dad and I restored it then I drove it though high school. Drove it now and then since then Last 3 winters Ive been going back over it. Just trying to improve it and fix some mistakes we made back then. Mice also got in it in the late ninties while it was stored in a shed. Now that I have a heated garage and cable I spend almost every weekend out there just screwing around with it.

Mustang paint 001.jpg

mustang interier 004.jpg

Schweeeet...I had a 68 I redid..never again:laugh::laugh:

Schweeeet...I had a 68 I redid..never again:laugh::laugh:

I have a 68 Torino GT 390 car I m starting on next year.I hope. Its a Alabama car the Mustang was a New York car, never again I hate rust. I also have a 66 Mustang from Iowa thats a basket case I dont know what I mgoing to do with it.

Another, New carpet on the fold down,polished the chrome , painted the fiberglass panels,replaced all the screws with new chrome ones.

mustang interier 002.jpg

good work, well worth it too. You rarely make money restoring cars to sell, but the the pride of doing it yourself is welll worth the $$$ spent when your out enjoying it:thumbsup:

This is my 69. A frind bought it new. I bought it from him in 1972 and have had it ever since.
It is a 428-CJ 4-speed car with folddown rear seat. It is a Mach-I but after I repainted I did
not put yhe stripes back on.

Mustang 03-25-07 037.jpg

Last edited:
just got done putting a new starter in my 67 Plymouth...outside in the snow on my back in 20 degree weather...only took 5 hours.(had to pull the header and all of the steering linkage to get it out)....couldn't move it to the garage cause had my buddies transmission out of his jimmy...all is done now...its just sacralidge having snow on my show car.....

67 plymouth.jpg

Last edited:
This is my 69. A frind bought it new. I bought it from him in 1972 and have had it ever since.
It is a 428-CJ 4-speed car with folddown rear seat. It is a Mach-I but after I repainted I did
not put yhe stripes back on.

Nice, does it have a Shaker?What are the gears?Do you drive the car much?

I've been doing some work on my 1993 5.0 Mustang. Nothing major except a tune up, and new door pockets. The car is black with Opal gray interior. The interior is spotless, but the paint needs to be refreshed. I have plans of taking care of that this Spring.

BMW5

DSC00057.jpg

I've been doing some work on my 1993 5.0 Mustang. Nothing major except a tune up, and new door pockets. The car is black with Opal gray interior. The interior is spotless, but the paint needs to be refreshed. I have plans of taking care of that this Spring.

BMW5

Nice Like the notchback 5.0.Looks good to me. The only 5.0 I ever had was a 85 GT with gt-40 heads, B cam and a 650 double pumper. It would smoke my 65 but I needed money and it went down the road.It was a t-top car to.:banghead:

Back