Hayabusa Fairing Grills/Screens

Lucky34

Registered
I JUST got my Fairing Grills
smile.gif

I got them off of Ebay, from Hope Androyna (hm1971)
They were pretty cheap, and the service was EXCELLENT. I ordered them on Sunday, they were shipped monday in Priority mail, and got them today.
Very prompt.

Anyways, I'm gonna go out and install them RIGHT NOW
tounge.gif

I'll let you guys know how it goes
(and take pics, of course)

I would be very interested to know how you get on fitting them..I have thought about getting them but worry about how they fit..

Most people I know made their own. what is different about these? If you can take a picture before installation.

Thanks

Here is a pic from the one's i got from clarkcustom. Have to wait alittle over 2 weeks to find out how good the fit.

DVC02317.JPG

If you got the preformed screens its alot easy to install.
Nomore bending and bleeding fingers.

ooooof... it wasn't very easy.
The grills weren't really shaped in anyway... just rectangles that were "relatively" the size of the holes. I pretty much had to bend them to get them to fit. They did have a lot of "extra grill", but thats no problem cause it's on the inside of the fairing anyways. The way I see it, it's just more adhesion.

Vincebusa, I hear ya about the bleedin' fingers
sad.gif
. I cut myself a little bit (not much though... just like a tiny drop of blood), but it still stung like hell when rinsing my hands with alcohol to get rid of the glue.

Btw, the grills from clarkcustom look a lot nicer (you'll see from the pics), but I did get these in like two days, and they were only $19. Honestly, I think It would have been better to buy the material, and cut it myself, but I don't think it's that big a deal.

Anyways, I wouldn't worry too much about the fit. As long as the grills are bigger, and not smaller than the holes, you're OK.

Ok, enough talking
I'll put some pics up for you guys
(I took pics of EVERYTHING, including how to remove the fairing, but I won't post that yet. I plan on doing a "how to take off the fairing and install the grills" walkthrough, but sometime later. right now I'm just gonna put pics of the actual "Grill-gluing" sequence)

These are the grills, some tools, and the Epoxy glue thing that I used.
Note: Two tubes was NOT enough for me (I like using ..."healthy"... amounts of glue just to make sure the things won't come off when riding)

IMG_2383.JPG

Removal of the fairing
Note: Pull the fairing ftowards the front of the bike to remove it (the front of it hooks around the radiator hose)

IMG_2401.jpg

After gluing the Fairing Grills.
Doesn't look very professional, but the job is done.
Now I just gotta wait for everything to dry. (I'll put the bike back together tomorrow, and take pics of the bike with the fairings on.)

IMG_2428.jpg

Last pic for today (Until I put the bike back together)

This is what my garage looked like afterwards
tounge.gif

remember how clean it looked in the first pic?
hehe...

IMG_2435.jpg

Ok guys, a day later, and I'm all done
smile.gif

I think it turned out really well.

Here's the "Before" Picture

Before_Grill_Installation.jpg

Looks pretty good. Did mine back in the spring and spent a little more than $19 for the material, but felt comfortable with it after it was done. The bending and shaping took a while, but I think it was worth. In comparison to other mods it is still very cheap.

very cool and clean looking---that looks like hurricane plywood in your garage---
Yeh, that IS hurrican plywood in the backround
tounge.gif

Can you tell I live in Florida?

About 4 hours after I finished putting the grills, I got my Zero Gravity Double-bubble Dark Smoke Screen
smile.gif

And, by act of God, the skies cleared up, and the sun started shining
smile.gif
. So I put on the ZG Screen, Took some pics of the bike with the grills and screen, and went for a ride.

smile.gif

Back