Our next Project-'02 660 Raptor

S-R Racing

Registered
Some of you have seen a few of my posts with my friend, Shannon, who goes with me to the local 1/8th mile & races his 84' H-D,FXR-P. After starting a new path with his H-D,sport-touring, with more sport than touring from the details:laugh: He picked up an '02 Yamaha Raptor 660 over the winter to have something to drag race with later this spring. Plans are a rock solid bullet producing about 65-75 HP. Exhaust, twin flat slides,forged HC piston,etc. Then about a 10'' over swingarm with a R6 subframe and tail section. I've taken several rides on a 700 FI Raptor-these things are monsters,almost worse than a CR or KX 500. Should be a blast when we'er done:thumbsup: I'm tryin' to get him to go with a 30-40 shot too:thumbsup:

Shannons '02 Raptor 002.jpg

Shannons '02 Raptor 006.jpg

Shannons '02 Raptor 010.jpg

Shannons '02 Raptor 012.jpg

Shannons '02 Raptor 025.jpg

Shannons '02 Raptor 022.jpg

osborne5.jpg

That's going to be sweet. I traded my Raptor 700 for my Hayabusa after I got hurt racing. I miss it everytime I see another ATV. :down:

I have ridden a couple of the Raptor 700's and they are pretty crazy and a blast to ride. The last 700 I rode had full long travel setup in the front and an extended swingarm in the rear. That thing would just squat, hook, and go. It was pretty interesting to ride for the first couple of minutes. :thumbsup:

Back