played with antilag a little today

smithabusa

Site Sponsor
Registered
on my 08 with ecu editor...

got the exhaust, and plenum back on, flashed it for boost fuel with the 3 bar map sensor installed, made 2 psi of boost at about 40% throttle in the 8500-9000 rpm range, sounded pretty wild.

played for 5 minutes with ecu to make antilag, made like 2 psi of boost without much messing, sounds MEAN LOL
www.boostbysmith.com/Videos/antilag.wmv

I am sure you could do better with some real tweaking of it, i just through a bunch of fuel and took some timing out, flashed once and wound it up LOL

SunJan17161512AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

SunJan17161502AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

SunJan17161454AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

Thanks to Petrik, no need for this sensor anymore :)

SunJan17161719AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

antilag is between shifts, and usually involves either retarding ign timing so far that you have raw fuel being pumped into the exhaust manifold while still burning, or an additional injector in the exhaust manifold. you're talking about a 2 step, building boost before a launch, right?

Greg - I see you got that BOV on, it looks good. See if you can get Petrik to find a way to two-step that thing at full throttle with the clutch in. With enough fuel and about 4 degrees of timing pulled, it will probably make between 4-5 lbs. of boost . . . :laugh: if you guys can get the stock ECU to do that, I might just go out and buy one of them ugly a** '08s !!!!!:lol:

not really, most of prostreet guys run antilag, building boost on the line without actually killing ignition (2 step) as 2 step isn't allowed in their classes etc. This is holding the motor back by pouring fuel and pulling timing, not by actually killing ignition at a set rpm.

Frank, yep got the BOV polished up and installed, 3 bar map sensor on a bracket and wired up with my adapter harness, and plumbed to the vac lines to the TBs etc.

Gen 1 they tried 2 step and the kill didn't work very well, Im sure with enough messing around with this you could do pretty well, not to mention lots of classes wont let guys 2 step anyhow.

Frank, yep got the BOV polished up and installed, 3 bar map sensor on a bracket and wired up with my adapter harness, and plumbed to the vac lines to the TBs etc.

Gen 1 they tried 2 step and the kill didn't work very well, Im sure with enough messing around with this you could do pretty well, not to mention lots of classes wont let guys 2 step anyhow.

I am just wondering if there is any way to use the clutch switch as a signal to the ECU to cause a 2-step/antilag situation to occur at full throttle. If that was possible, pulling timing and throwing more fuel would result in more boost and more power. Ideally, you would want to 2-step around 7500-7800 rpm . . . dropping the hammer (throwing the clutch away) at 4 pounds of boost (or better) at that rpm would make for an awesome launch, especially with a Gann, Hays, or slider . . .:beerchug:

Plus, I could get rid of my TIC-1000 !!:cheerleader:

well you can use the clutch switch now to do this, wire the clutch switch to the map switching, then when you pull clutch in, you get different ignition and fuel tables, actual kill, not sure if thats going to be tried again or not.

well you can use the clutch switch now to do this, wire the clutch switch to the map switching, then when you pull clutch in, you get different ignition and fuel tables, actual kill, not sure if thats going to be tried again or not.

Right - I forgot about that. That means we should be able to do it with a Gen 1 also. We probably could do something with the MS timing maps to make the timing do what we want . . . sounds like a challenge!:whistle:

not really a challenge, been done before on gen 1s :) quicktime supposedly made like 5 psi of boost or so doing it

gotta keep adding fuel and stuff i dunno. i know most prostreet guys aren't leaving at wot, i think seb told me he has his dialed in and it holds like 50 rpm at 40-50% throttle on antilag

gotta keep adding fuel and stuff i dunno. i know most prostreet guys aren't leaving at wot, i think seb told me he has his dialed in and it holds like 50 rpm at 40-50% throttle on antilag

The reason they do that is because true two-stepping - which is at wide open throttle - is not allowed in their class. :thumbsup:

Back