What's the worst condition?

Phil96

Tail Gunner
Donating Member
Registered
You ever encountered on your bike. Mine was on a Vincent on 1967,
Pacific Coast Hwy. Terrible fog. Cagers wouldn't slow down, crashing
all around me. parked 50 yards in front of a Semi. driver and I just stared
at each other. wrecks all over the place.

death-road_65.jpg

While going down a 4 lane highway...a car "merging" from the on ramp into the side of another car (in the right lane) caused a 6-8 car accident about 100yds in front of me...just wanting to get through it + not get run over from behind.

One of those if I was going a bit faster I would have been crushed moments.

Great picture Phil!

Worst situation I have ever been in on my bike is about 30 minutes from my house. First time I was on this road it scared the hell out of me. Some spots only have 1/2 a lane, blind corners and 2,000 ft vertical drops with NO guardrails. I love the road so much I subject myself to it every chance I get. :cheerleader:

100_0189.jpg

100_0225.jpg

100_0197.jpg

100_3041.jpg

103_3254.jpg

I hit a jeep on the highway, i was doin 90, he wasnt. I fewl of to the side of the jeep and bike stayed, no idea how. Poor zx11, I really liked that bike. Lots of roadrash, no broken bones, somehow.... Fortunatly, there was an ambulance goin the other direction that stopped to help me, i still remember the medics words "We saw a bike without a rider so we thought we should stop". That actually made me laugh, hurt like h3ll too.

PS A Jeep in the way is a condition

Last edited:
Don't think my bike has seen anything but sunny skies & clear roads :whistle:

I'm such a puss rider :laugh:

Ok, seriously...the worst conditions I've ridden in would be on I-95 North just after Quantico. The section at Springfiled,VA where I-95 & I-395 merge is a freakin' nightmare! A lot going on all around you. For those that know this section of hwy, you'll understand.
Traffic was a nightmare and people were driving like fools, could care less about paying attn to some measly guy on a motorcycle.
Almost got hit like 3x in a five minute period. Kinda hard to steer & pay attn while giving the middle finger and cursing profusely in your helmet. Hate riding congested slab! :banghead:

Last edited:
Great picture Phil!

Worst situation I have ever been in on my bike is about 30 minutes from my house. First time I was on this road it scared the hell out of me. Some spots only have 1/2 a lane, blind corners and 2,000 ft vertical drops with NO guardrails. I love the road so much I subject myself to it every chance I get. :cheerleader:

That's a tighter road than Griffith Park, in LA. Where in the 60's I would
cafe race Velocette Thruxton with road racing tires. Nothing could beat
it in the tights. Never should have sold it.:banghead::banghead:
Great Pics, Shannon!:thumbsup::beerchug:(gutsy girl)!

velocette_thruxton_venom_1967-12741.jpg

Last edited:
Great picture Phil!

That road is nuts! What kinda hillbilly backwoods pavement are they laying for you all up there? :poke: They couldn't cut into the side of the mountain a little bit more and get two lanes outta that? Seriously....where does that go?

Very worst was riding on I-75 during rain that got so hard I'd be wary in my truck. I managed to get boxed in by cars, I couldn't see 20 feet in front of the bike, the leading car kept backing up until the tail lights would just appear in the mist.

Soon as a hole appeared I took off as fast as I dared, within a mile or so the rain slacked up to something reasonable.

Everyone told me I was going to die on that thing, for about five minutes I believed it.

This morning was the worst in almost 20 yrs of Cal riding. Road conditions, flooding and stalling, and hydroplaning. I also took on much water in the helmet and I had no one there to Hug me when I needed it most. So sad:laugh:

That road is nuts! What kinda hillbilly backwoods pavement are they laying for you all up there? :poke: They couldn't cut into the side of the mountain a little bit more and get two lanes outta that? Seriously....where does that go?

Well first it goes over the tallest bridge in California. "Foresthill Bridge"...
101_2625.jpg
foresthillbridge.jpg

Then you take a nice 17 mile sweepy road all the way to Foresthill for a photo opp...
100_3029.jpg

Then you head up the road some more and come across Sugarpine Reservoir...
100_3032.jpg

Then you continue on the "SCARY" road called Iowa Hills Rd. You come across some old bridges and It eventually spits you out on the 80 about 30 minutes from Sacramento. God I love that ride!!
100_3044.jpg

101_2625.jpg

foresthillbridge.jpg

100_3029.jpg

100_3032.jpg

100_3044.jpg

Yeah, the Foresthill bridge is 730 feet high. It's crazy looking down it. It's hard for me to walk on it any more though. People are always committing suicide on that bridge. Kinda creepy. The last couple jumped off it in the middle of the night with motorcycle helmets on.

The worst condition I've experienced was today. It got up to 52 degrees but my busa is in peices so I couldnt ride. Thats what I call "bad conditions".:whistle:

true dat long time ago went work on my gpz1100 3rd shift.
When I left in morning it had snowed
Battery was low so had pushstart it slipped on snow and laid it over.
Only thing I REALLY HURT WAS MY PRIDE.

Great picture Phil!

Great looking road...tell me that's not a two lane :omg:

I love California (hate Florida, tired of it, been here 30 years :banghead:)
My company was going to move me to the Hemet area, I spent 3 days out
there (in a car :banghead:) fell in love with SoCal. I was ready to say yes
and move and at the last minute...the guy I was replacing chickened out
and begged to stay. Thanks to this wonderful economy and the cost to the
company to move me from Florida to SoCal...they decided to let him
stay :banghead:.

His boss said they are not happy with him and wanted me and to PLEASE
keep this door open. Talk to him every now and again,
I suspect, business picks up a bit, I may still get to go
(At least I keep hoping).

Back