Lowering the Busa

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
How do you go about lowering these things and why do you do it, other than asthetics and to help keep the nose on the ground?

Also if you're short.<<vertically challegened>>

Cons-cornering ability reduced, pot holes could suck, and there are a couple not so good ways to do it. ie straps

Lowering links allow for 3 lowering positions.

54_1.jpg

Three ways to lower the Busa:
1) Rear Dogbones
2) Front Triple Tree
3) Seat

The dogbones for adjusting the height of the rear:
BikePics.com

The triple tree with the fork tubes slidding through for lowering the front (courtesy of Pro Machining):
BikePics.com

Custom seats courtesy of Tobin O'Connor:

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

Three ways to lower the Busa:
1) Rear Dogbones
2) Front Triple Tree
3) Seat

The dogbones for adjusting the height of the rear:
BikePics.com

The triple tree with the fork tubes slidding through for lowering the front (courtesy of Pro Machining):
BikePics.com

Custom seats courtesy of Tobin O'Connor:

BikePics.com

BikePics.com
THERE YA HAVE IT. THANKS FOR THE INPUT CECIL.

Ok,
Maybe I am a little slow. I understand the dogbones, no prob there.
BigDawg the pic of your triple tree is not coming up here, the others did but that one did not. So could someone explain it again for us slow kids. Thanks in advance.

Don

You need to buy an aftermarket triple tree (the thing on the handlebars that says "Hayabusa") to lower the front so the fork tubes can slide up through them. The stock one dosnt have holes big enough for the tubes, only for the compression and spring adj.

<!--EDIT|jusmoov
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100227280 -->

i was thinking about lowering mine and unless i missed it i didnt see if anyone said how much the mods are the seat the triple tree and the dogbones if anyone has that i would like to know

ebay has the triple tree, 49 bucks for the dog bones and that should be it. Tracdynamics.com has a nice looking triple tree but it is kind pricey, much like all there stuff. My .02

i was thinking about lowering mine and unless i missed it i didnt see if anyone said how much the mods are the seat the triple tree and the dogbones if anyone has that i would like to know
Prices will vary depending on what you want.  Do you want functional or show quality?  Dogbones can be had for anywhere between $20 (functional) and $80 (chrome) while the lowering triple trees can be had for $125 (functional) to $250 (chrome).  The <a href="http://www.pashnit.com/tobinseats.htm">Tobin seats<a> aren't cheap, but are of good quality and depends on what you want drag seat (functional) ($125) or custom designed seats (show quality) ($400).

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100946598 -->

Back