Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
BUGS....
Saw folks on Harleys with no lids.
I can only imagine how they look !

Ride 1.08.10 003.jpg

Ride 1.08.10 002.jpg

Ugh, barf. without lid, is crazy. In 1964, riding from Ft Gordon, GA. to Savannah,
My pass was smacked with huge Monarch butterfly. Wings plastered on his cheeks,
knocking his contact lens off. Innards all over front teeth. dis-gusting!:rofl:

that freezing weather you have been getting should take care of some of them.

The sun warmed it up today. It was about 60 for most of the day.
Plus the area I rode thru had just slash burned all the Sugar cane fields so the bugs were all just flying around with nowhere to land.

You'll get no sympathy from me! I had the fun of scooping salt ridden muddy piles of snow out of the garage because the wife went driving all over timbuktu today and decided to park in the garage rather than outside and have the junk fall off there. :laugh:

I hear it's been so cold in Florida the Igaunas are falling out of the trees... I would stick with the bugs...:laugh:

I found 2 Iguanas in my back yard this morning. Black and sound asleep.
I flipped them over and left them there. When I came home from riding they were gone.
Frankie the big orange one who has been with us for yrs was outside on his tree bright and early.
Once they get to a certain size it is is not so bad but the 2-4 footer have probs.

Like CNN said 'When Iguanas fall from trees in Florida it means 6 mos more winter':laugh:

I was surprised to see as many riders as I did today, it didn' t even hit 40* today!

Blanca, I didn' t know Florida grew sugar cane. Got a lot of cane fields where I live too, gotta watch the cane falling of those damn trucks too!

lol I can't figure that out. I've been hit by horse flies that almost knocked me off my bike. Couldn't imagine a hit in the face w a bucket. Hope your ride was nice.....snow here today:( I will say that were ATV riding tomorrow which is just as fun.

Darth Z if you look at my other thread in gen bike topics about the apple application you can click on the google map link.
There you can see if you click on satellite view the road on the bottom of route 441.
This road has two things sod and sugarcane.
The cane fields are at least 20 miles from me but sometimes when they burn them I wake to find our cars and yard covered in ash.
You can also smell the smoke from my home.
Folks out west are familiar with this I'm sure.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...3-super-cool-app-apple-called-cyclemeter.html

Glad you got to ride, England, is for this place snow bound so no riding for me for a few weeks yet, the salt they use is real corrosive and I've still only got 300miles on her....Oh well, anyway can Harley riders go fast enough to impact with bugs or is it just a myth.:rofl::lol:

Blanca, wish I were that far from cane fields. I' m 5-10 minutes away from them. Those cane trucks SUCK! I HATE harvest time! In some areas the roads are completely littered with sugar cane. They could fill numerous trucks with the product that falls off the trucks!

Back