Carbon Fiber - Side Tank Pads

Goes9s

Registered
Does any one know where I can purchase the carbon fiber side tank pads? I've been trying to get a hold of Street and Track (our sponsor) for 2 years now and the 2 times I did speak to someone they were out or on back order. I've left messages but no one returns the call. Any help is great appreciated. Thank you.

That is where I got them...paid and waited a few weeks...is that an option they offered you?

No, I didn't get any options. The only thing they said, about a year ago, was that they were out and didn't know when they were going to get any in. This last year I called periodically and just got their voice mail and was told to leave a number but they never called back.

Is the product worth the wait or just so so?

2 years? You can live a lifetime in 2 years. Move on. ???

Thought of the carbon fiber tank pads from Mag-Knight? Call 'em and see if this will work for you.

Magnetic Tank Pads, Bra & Motorcycle Protector - Mag-Knight

DSC_0004_kwm_works _4.jpg

DSC_0004_kwm_works _1.jpg

DSC_0004_kwm_works _2.jpg

DSC_0004_kwm_works _3.jpg

DSC_0004_kwm_works _4.jpg

DSC_0004_kwm_works _1.jpg

DSC_0004_kwm_works _2.jpg

DSC_0004_kwm_works _3.jpg

2 years? You can live a lifetime in 2 years. Move on. ???

Thought of the carbon fiber tank pads from Mag-Knight? Call 'em and see if this will work for you.

It's not that I'm pressed to have the side tank winglets but they will complete the carbon line I am going for. I have the carbon inner panels, carbon frame pieces but I still have those ugly plastic side tank winglets (pads) on the gen 1. I think you are offering me something different than what I was looking for. Does your product move/shift around when using your knees? How about at high speeds. My bike is a show and go and I do race it so I don't need anthing that can't stand up to that. Thanks.

Thank you for the link Mr Brown. What I've been searching for is that little plastic piece on the side of the tank that provides cushion between the tank and the frame. Sometimes they are called tank winglets. Some people make these in aluminum with various designs but street and track have them in carbon. Does anyone else sell these in carbon?

Bingo! That's it; does anyone else sell them in CF?

Humm now you sparked my interest. I've browsed Ebay often for various CF stuff. Bought few things at a great price,but never seen that particular piece.

Please post your findings if you come across any. Thanks. :beerchug:

I believe they call those winglets...they are on the street and track site...under body work and the manufacture is atech. I have the magical inners and bought the winglets at the same time a year ago. Good luck locating them.

the manufacture is atech.

Ah, got it! I had mine sanded smooth and painted to match awhile back. Always hated the fugly black crocodile pattern of the inner plastic.

Can get those in chrome, but don't have source for carbon fiber ones

Always called them the tank kidneys. :laugh: PPM Customs calls them tank pads, and Yana Shiki calls them tank protectors.

displayimage.php

Back