stage 1.5 rcc?

stock injectors are 280cc ish, s2000 injectors are 380cc ish, but you aren't going to make a lot of power with s2000's if using a 1:1

go play with this injector calculator, pretty nice
RC Fuel Injection

say you want 300 crank hp, using 4 injectors, BSFC of 0.60 for a turbo engine, 80% max duty cycle, with 43 psi of fuel pressure is in the 550cc - 600cc ballpark for injector size.

getting a 600cc injector to part throttle perfect on a street bike wouldn't be the easiest thing to do in the world, secondary injectors are nice so that you can keep you stockers for off boost which they won't require much mapping to get crisp, then let secondaries do the major boosted work.

The Gen 2 busa rocks as we already have 8 injectors, so lots of fuel capacity but still very nice manners for street riding and putting around. And the ECU will do boost referenced fueling on the gen 2's with petrik's fancy schmancy ecu editor software.

Greg

cool..thanks! That helps some.

The ultru plenium...is what also an intercooler? THat thing is big $$$.

Hey Orge...Hope I did not jack your thread?

O - and Ive been Emailing Richard at RCC about some things too

Yes the Ultra Plenum is Air/water intercooler and allows you to run up to 18lb on 93 octane. After you get the boost bug with your stage 1 "which you will" you can save up some $$ and have your motor built to your satisfaction and add the Ultra plenum. A standard A/A is $1200 and will not allow you to lower the bike. Richards Ultra plenum probably is in the neighborhood of $3000 or + few hundred and would get you the plenum, heat exchanger, electric water pump ect....Its the cats meow of turbo goodies and in a year or 2 you will jump all over it....especially after you ride on 7lb....your gonna think damn 18lb would be awesome:thumbsup::thumbsup:

you can get a barrel type universal a/w intercooler kit for 5-600 bucks, with heat exchanger, pump, and all the other sheet to make it work. imho, air to air is the way to go, but drag racers WILL benefit from little things like being able to put ice in the reservoir.

what about boost referenced fueling on a gen 1 with petrik's software?

Yes the Ultra Plenum is Air/water intercooler and allows you to run up to 18lb on 93 octane. After you get the boost bug with your stage 1 "which you will" you can save up some $$ and have your motor built to your satisfaction and add the Ultra plenum. A standard A/A is $1200 and will not allow you to lower the bike. Richards Ultra plenum probably is in the neighborhood of $3000 or + few hundred and would get you the plenum, heat exchanger, electric water pump ect....Its the cats meow of turbo goodies and in a year or 2 you will jump all over it....especially after you ride on 7lb....your gonna think damn 18lb would be awesome:thumbsup::thumbsup:

20 pounds boost with the Ultra Plenum on pump gas is even more fun!!:lol:

can someone post a pic of rcc's intercooler installed on the bike? i want to lower the rear an inch or two, is the intercooler going to interfere?

can someone post a pic of rcc's intercooler installed on the bike? i want to lower the rear an inch or two, is the intercooler going to interfere?

Lowering the rear of the bike should NOT change any clearance issues up front.

cool beans, hadn't planned on lowering the front anyway. what's it look like installed?

RCC's intercooler is a water to air. The only thing on the front of the bike is a heat exchanger, otherwise known as a half radiator. So you wouldnt have any issues with lowering using his intercooler.

Problems occur when using a front mounted air to air intercooler.

i wouldn't do a water/air setup. too complex, too many parts can fail. a nice, efficient air/air will suit my needs just fine.

my air to air on my 00 turbo bike.

i run a 60 series tire, chop the back part of the front fender off, run stainless lines, have the radiator sitting on the header pretty much, and its tight. I probably have it up a little bit in the front for clearance. Need 2 cooling fans etc, sort of a pain in some aspects, but running 15 psi on pump gas is really a treat.

100_1700.jpg

100_1693.jpg

100_1692.jpg

i wouldn't do a water/air setup. too complex, too many parts can fail. a nice, efficient air/air will suit my needs just fine.

RCC makes both the air-to-air, and the water-to- air, which is really not complex at all. You have an electric water pump circulating coolant through a half-radiator and the plenum itself. Thats it. An air-to-air will take you to 15 pounds of boost on pump, and a water-to-air will take you to 18, unless of course, its on my bike, then it will take you to 20 pounds boost!:cheerleader::lol:

i know a lot of people with rcc ultra plenums, dont know anyone who had anything fail. My uncle has an anderson kitted bike, and his heat exchanger water pump (not rcc)failed after about 60,000 miles, and he BEATS the crap out of the bike, stock arm, wheelies til 140 all the time etc.

RCC makes both the air-to-air, and the water-to- air, which is really not complex at all. You have an electric water pump circulating coolant through a half-radiator and the plenum itself. Thats it. An air-to-air will take you to 15 pounds of boost on pump, and a water-to-air will take you to 18, unless of course, its on my bike, then it will take you to 20 pounds boost!:cheerleader::lol:

i know what it involves, i'm just saying, the more complex a system is, the more likely it is to fail.

i'm actually kind of curious why the busa seems to have 14 psi as a limit, even with an intercooler and lower compression pistons. i ran 22 psi in my srt, with just an air to air intercooler.

because its a standard thats been set in place do to compression and the efficiency of the motor and the experience of the builders that have tested this time and time again
and the size of the internal items doesnt tend to handle detonation as well as a car motor does

you can get more, but youll be at the hp range of the rods. Chatted with a guy at suzukihayabusa that hit 600+ at 36pounds boost. Its a beast of a busa.

i'm actually kind of curious why the busa seems to have 14 psi as a limit, even with an intercooler and lower compression pistons. i ran 22 psi in my srt, with just an air to air intercooler.

Motorcycle cycle engines have a higher volumetric efficiency then the car engines, and lot of automotive systems also have the option of a knock sensor that senses detonation and pulls timing as detonation begins to occur. Cooling systems are better for cars, and the air/air intercooler can be sized a lot larger for a car as well, given the same above options for the busa, you likely could run 22-25 psi on pump fuel with an air/air.

Richard

i thought the busa DID have a knock sensor that allowed that. also, you don't tune to the point that in knocks, just to the threshold. i'm sure that people can run tons of boost, but why is the limit 14 psi with an air to air intercooler? what if i have a nice set of forged rods, is the limit still 14 psi on an a/a intercooler? higher volumetric efficiency shouldn't affect the boost limit.

Back