Random pic thread.

:beerchug: :thumbsup: My boat at Beaver lake in 2003.

There's a place that brings back memories. Soon after my students would "solo", I'd give them a simulated engine failure over Beaver Lake.

Abbreviated version:

"Where are we going to land?" I'd ask.

"I don't know...there's no good place!"

"Why not Lost Bridge?"

"Where?"

"That airport over there."

"That's an airport?" They'd inevitably ask as they nervously surveyed the tree-lined thirty foot wide strip of blacktop that had mostly deteriorated into gravel, which also ran up the side of a mountain with a fifty foot elevation change from one end to another.

I've met a lot of people who never completed their training because once they soloed they lost interest. The approach, landing, and departure from Lost Bridge was intended to show there was still a lot to learn. After the experience, students would go home even more excited than they had been after soloing.

This image from Google Earth really doesn't do Lost Bridge justice, but I don't have any actual photos.

4155001273_b3daed6da0_o.jpg

If we had been born in India, this is where the majority of us would go to get a haircut:

4157331489_4d22531cd2_o.jpg

my budget is around 3-400 and i woud like a DSLR Camera

Check Craigslist or Ebay for a used Canon Rebel XT or preferably XTi, or if Nikon is your preference look for a used d40.

Most of the used dSLR's in this price range will probably have the "kit" lense...usually around 18-55mm focal length range. For someone just starting out on a tight budget these lenses are adequate. In time if you find you really develop an interest you can upgrade to better lenses and better camera bodies.

During a year and a half I took about 25,000 photographs with my first dSLR, a Canon Rebel XTi. It still works fine, though if it were my primary camera today I'd send it in for a tune up.

Let's start this thread up again rather than starting a new one. :whistle::whistle:

032.jpg

033.jpg

I went to get pictures of this bridge today and ended up getting a few opportunities that I did not expect!!

106.jpg

115.jpg

blusmbl I like the b&w version.

Nice images outofmyway. Be aware some of the moderators may take issue with some of these.

GSXcite I'm so jealous! I've been wanting to find one of those to shoot for so long!
Thank you. This guy hung around my garage for a few weeks. I have a flowering bush that the bee's and wasp's love, and he would just wait for the wasp's. he would grab them with his claw, and start eating them from the stinger and work his way up to the head. The wasp would still be moving and trying to get away when only the head and a few legs were left.
Your pics are AWESOME, and you should be selling prints if you have not yet done so. You have some mad skills!:bowdown:

100_0609 (Medium).jpg

Thank you. This guy hung around my garage for a few weeks. I have a flowering bush that the bee's and wasp's love, and he would just wait for the wasp's. he would grab them with his claw, and start eating them from the stinger and work his way up to the head. The wasp would still be moving and trying to get away when only the head and a few legs were left.
Your pics are AWESOME, and you should be selling prints if you have not yet done so. You have some mad skills!:bowdown:

Thanks for the compliment.

Guess I need to start looking for flowering bushes, wasps and bees to find the elusive Mantis.

I've got a photo from Baltimore somewhere I'll see if I can dig up.

In the meantime I might stumble on some others that might be of interest.

Flower Macro 2 Low Resolution.jpg

Egad...that looks hideous! Used the board's attachment feature to upload the photo. Think I'll stick to linking from elsewhere...
4253022158_9cd92326dd_o.jpg

Hopefully this looks better.

Back