Who makes Harley's Jackets?

To be considered made in USA it only has to be finally assembled here or contain 20% parts made in USA. They can as most do send the components there to be xtremely cheaply made with zero ins and worker safety and sell it back to you with the made in USA label at a higher cost.. All the while laughing their way to the banks....
What's the diff between a Chinese made Harley jacket and a Chinese made Suzuki jacket............? The guy buying it....:rofl::rofl::rofl::poke:

I do believe even the steel on Harleys now is smelted in the USA from Japanese scrap....so c'mon !

I deal with origins all the time.
You would be amazed at the things that are allowed to be considered made in........wherever !

Pretty much everything is made there anymore.. So much for the american worker and our way of life.. It goes down hill a little every day...

Is it the FXRG?

My dad has this jacket, and for lack of riding gear this season I have used it on every ride i've taken. I LOVE it, it feels good, not too heavy, and with a hoodie on under it i've ridden in 40 degree weather for 2 hours.

Hopefully you find out, if not I have a 25% discount at the local dealer on my first riding gear purchase.

Here are some pics:
BTW, tag says made in china.
fxrg1.JPG
FXRG2.JPG

fxrg1.JPG

FXRG2.JPG

Lurch, thanks for your insight...so, if they designed it I take it there is little chance that the company who executes the design will be able to market it, huh? Might just have to get my mother-in-law to figure out a way to put something over the Harley embossing. thanks, 2hip

Datsun and Lurch, might take you guys up on the discounts...Yeah, that is the jacket and it is "lusted" after....Well, let's just say it is not in the first place...that would be the BST wheels, then the Brocks CT Titanium pipes, on and on...:laugh:2hip

Here are some pics:
BTW, tag says made in china.

View attachment 170530

???

For a company that waves the American flag like no other, I guess simple economic reality has set in. Sad to see that flag waving Americans can't afford American labor. Kudos to the marketing department at HOG for the amount of smoke their blowing up their customers' collective rectal orifices.

Thanks for sharing, Datsun. Nice screen name b.t.w. Love the 350z.

2hip I thought you didn't like black motorcycle jackets? The Cortech Magnum looks to be very nearly the same jacket, with equvalent build quality...for less than half the price - $242 or so.

???

For a company that waves the American flag like no other, I guess simple economic reality has set in. Sad to see that flag waving Americans can't afford American labor. Kudos to the marketing department at HOG for the amount of smoke their blowing up their customers' collective rectal orifices.

Thanks for sharing, Datsun. Nice screen name b.t.w. Love the 350z.

I agree, I was shocked. I didn't notice the "made in china" till i was cropping the pictures. FXRG isn't exactly old school hog leather either though, so maybe they took some "creative liberties".

BTW... I like the 350Z also, but I have a 260Z... With a V8 Chevy 350 powering it :thumbsup: I call it a 350z just to mess with the owners of the newer cars. :whistle:

I agree, I was shocked. I didn't notice the "made in china" till i was cropping the pictures. FXRG isn't exactly old school hog leather either though, so maybe they took some "creative liberties".

BTW... I like the 350Z also, but I have a 260Z... With a V8 Chevy 350 powering it :thumbsup: I call it a 350z just to mess with the owners of the newer cars. :whistle:

Would love to see pictures sometime. Hate to start another "post pics of your other ride" thread because I'd feel obligated to wash my car and find a good location to shoot it in. :laugh:

F=MA...you are right about the black jacket being a safety issue...I love my mesh Motosport lime green jacket...it is so beautiful designed and armoured...havent seen a jacket yet that is as heavy and armoured so correctly...the only issue is weather riding..since it is mesh it is cold in the winter. I bought Gerbing full inner liner and gloves...but at 70 mph in low 30 - to low 40's it is still pretty cool..and it is 90 min ride home....so I've been sniffing around this jacket for awhile...also a major safety factor when you are freezing your tush off...it is ..what it is...2hip

Back