Which windshield is better

mattjul

Registered
Trying to decide on which windshield to go with. I am kind of leaning towards the zero gravity DB but I have heard that Puig puts out a qaulity DB screen. Any opinions would be appreciated.

I like the ZG ST shield personally. I am about to try out a Laminar Lip windscreen. It looks goofy, but the BMW riders say it's great

Puig race screen..Theres a guy on the board that has a Laminar lip and loves it, do a search for the post..

10_17_Busa_008.jpg

I have a ZG DB screen and like it a lot, but am going to give the PUIG a try.  Also bought a Sportech DB screen just to see how it looks.  They are all better than stock, so I don't think any one of them will do you wrong.  My order of preference is ZG, PUIG and Sportech.

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1099730711 -->

post_11_96271_DSC00472.jpg

I have a light smoke Puig DB. I like it alot. I think they are alittle taller and thicker than the ZG DB.

Another vote for PUIG ... I've have both and the PUIG has a better quality feel and thickness to it ... it looks and protects just as good as the ZG. Either way though like BigBS says ... you'll be happy!

I had a ZG on the busa and went with a PUIG on the 10. I have to say the PUIG appears to be a bit higher in quality. It's thicker, slicker finished, and seems to be mroe scratch resistant than the ZG DB I had on Train. I'd definitely go with a PUIG again if I needed another screen.

OK I like My Custom Stocker the Best....
wink.gif
Or the Zero G...

STAGE_II_Windscreen10_copy.jpg

A dirty Dirty Whore... Older pics, but you get the idea...

STAGE_II_Windscreen01_copy.jpg

I like Puig better than the ZGBD I had on my 954 because it's thicker, sturdier. Optically the ZG is superior, however, but the question is, how often do you really peer through the screen (me?- never- always look over the top of it even while tucked).

MR does make some fine screens, mirrors and other goodies, but their price is totally absurd. Not worth the money IMO.

Hey Rev, what exactly did cutting a cresent shaped piece out of your OEM screen do for you exactly? That looks a bit odd to me, but perhaps it cleans up your air pocket or something? I'm not getting rid of my Puig DB. Just curious is all.
rock.gif

Actually Sgt, I orignially had the idea as a way to get more Air to my Upper Body when really hot out. After doing the work though, the benefits have expanded.

1. More fresh air to upper body
2. No more gauge obstruction, I can see them all
3. Seriously reduced helmet noise and Buffeting

Actually turned out to also be a bonus for drag racing, the cut allows you to get about 3" more forward and on top of your tripple tree.

It may look like I just took a crescent shaped chunk outta the Screen but if you look closer you'll see that the screen itself is a good 2.5-3" shorter and LOWER than Stock... Makes for a really interesting low slung look...

I make em' with a dremel and ALOT of hand finishing... It's great in the summer time...

STAGE_II_Windscreen11_copy.jpg

Epicrisis,

those Beemer riders are correct. I have a smoke Laminar lip on my 2003 Hayabusa. And it's very effective in redirecting and diffusing the air that's coming at you. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Take care

Rafael

I just installed ZG clear..not a DB--but it is a hair taller than stock. Seems like it has good optical qualities..
for those high speed runs...stocker is junk while tucked....all distorted..
wow.gif

Back