Aftermarket rear spring installation

Michael, I'll get back with you after the holidays if I decide to send it off.

Steven, I really think we're argueing the same point from different directions here.The reason I'm saying that is because we're using the same points to prove our argurments which is kinda odd if you really think about it. In order to avoid future threadjackings, arguements, and hurt feelings, we could always pm it out brother.:beerchug::thumbsup:

Here is mine after HPC did work on it. I sent off one I bought off ebay and kept my OEM stock.

IMG_0036.jpg

I have a heavy spring coming from Racetech. I'll let you all know how it works out. I will not get it until 2nd week in Jan according to Racetech, just ordered it yesterday with collars. We will see........

I was checking out cloudnines site and its like $280 for them to put one of thier springs on? I know the racetech spring is only $109 so I'm wondering how much of that price is installation. I was looking at having about $400 in both front and rear, thats why I was asking about doing it myself. Thats $218 for front and rear springs and $180 to have the new front seals, fluid, and front springs installed. I dont know if I can fit that rear install into the equation. I may just go ahead and order the rear spring and take a look and see if I can do it myself. Shouldnt be that big a deal unless theres a special tool needed to take the bottom mount off the shock assembly. At least I hope:whistle:

Price on site is for complete setup ready to use out the box,did you not read where it says I need your info and ready to use no core?

I can sell you a spec'd spring or you can order them from wherever you like.

Your getting the spring for free by the time I do swapping,set it up,cover core and all.All I can say if given the correct info it will be so close you might think you did it yourself,:rofl: Hope you all have a Happy Holidays..

Last edited:
Price on site is for complete setup ready to use out the box,did you not read where it says I need your info and ready to use no core?

I can sell you a spec'd spring or you can order them from wherever you like.

Your getting the spring for free by the time I do swapping,set it up,cover core and all.All I can say if given the correct info it will be so close you might think you did it yourself,:rofl: Hope you all have a Happy Holidays..

Just so you know Daniel, This is the guy I pmed you about.

Are we done flaming already? It was just getting entertaining...You know, listening to you guys proves to me one thing...I'm totally ignorant about springs...2hip

I had an extra 10 minutes out of the last 30 and remembered I have a broken shock in the garage so heres some pics, after the shock is removed, take your spanner wrench & back off the top spanner lock nut all the way. next back off the spanner adjusting nut all the way to the other one. At this point push the bump stop to the upper shock body. Now there is about a 1/4 inch of free play at the slotted lock washer or spring base. Install your spring compressor, tighten enough to allow the slotted washer to be removed, now the spring can be removed and changed. Spanner Wrench $30.00, A new spring $150.00, Having your suspention set-up by a pro, to some $Pricelees:laugh: I had to throw that last bit in there. But all jokes aside, most suspention guru's also match the amount of nitrogen in the shock to your weight,spring rate, & style of riding. A truly rider matched suspention is more than just the spring:thumbsup:

shock spring 001.jpg

shock spring 002.jpg

shock spring 003.jpg

shock spring 004.jpg

shock spring 006.jpg

Well, heck, that looks like a piece of cake. I've already got spanner wrenches and spring compressors here(used to be an automechanic...got all kinds of useless tools,lol). Thanks for the pics.:thumbsup: Still gonna call dannyboy after the holidays and see what he can do for me but if my budgets too tight, I know I can at least change the spring now.

Are we done flaming already? It was just getting entertaining...You know, listening to you guys proves to me one thing...I'm totally ignorant about springs...2hip

We're all family here and like any other family, we sometimes have misunderstandings. Whats important is that we can usually work it out.:thumbsup: Steve-o's been around and is very knowledgable about alot of things...including suspension. I think we were just going about the same thing in two different ways of explaination and caused us to butt heads a little. But hopefully we're :beerchug: now. Sorry for your loss of entertainment though.Maybe they'll let beking back here soon and I can have another go at him to make you happy.:rofl:

I have a 2006, and I bought the front and rear springs from Race Tech. The website is easy to use, and will give you the right springs for your weight. The front springs aren't that hard to install, you just need the right Kit, which costs around $70. It helps to have someone around that has done it before! If you're changing the seals, it's a perfect time. I found that a lot of shops don't have the compressor to do the rear spring. However, I had mine installed for $80. I also recommend going back to the factory suspension set up, and tweaking it slowly after installation. Race Tech and other places will professionally set your suspension up for you, (including SAG) for a relatively small fee. You will feel an immediate improvement in handling! So, that's my opinion, hope it helps and works for you.

Back