got a new toy today

Nice ride. I have an '01 CR500. It's far more brutal to ride than the Hayabusa, mostly because power delivery can be equated to a light switch. I've slowly realized it's too much bike, and I want to get something like what you've got. The 450's are much, much easier to ride and don't tire you out nearly as easily.

Have fun with it. :D

Nice ride. I have an '01 CR500. It's far more brutal to ride than the Hayabusa, mostly because power delivery can be equated to a light switch. I've slowly realized it's too much bike, and I want to get something like what you've got. The 450's are much, much easier to ride and don't tire you out nearly as easily.

Have fun with it. :D

Back in the day I had a 1985 cr250. A budy of mine thought he wanted to one up me and bought a 1986 cr500 for his first bike $1800 new. Well I got to ride it more than I did my own and you aint kidding with the light switch either the front tire was in the air or the rear tier wanted to lead the way. Oh to be young and bullet proof again.:firing:

Before Hayabusa I had this :

http://www.riki1.szm.sk/honda.htm

h40.jpg

BUT NOW, I AM ABSOLUTLY HAYABUSA POSSITIVE :thumbsup:

Last edited:
The only time I ride off the asphalt is when I'm following you or semi :laugh: have fun and be careful. If you turn it into a motard let me know.

Nice bike. I got rid of my dirt bikes and now have water toys, Aquatrax turbos. Give me a shout on line when it warms up and go for a ride ! Im in Eureka Mo.

IMG_0071 (Large).jpg

Bike & colorado 2005 pics 072 (Large).jpg

good bike for sure, I've been out of motorcross for about 7 years. Last bike I had was a CR250R. I still like that 2 stroke better since I can work on them cheap and easy but its hard to beat the easy riding style and torque of the 450R for trails and all around riding

4 strokes for me i have a 01 drz 400 my son has a 98 cr 250 his is to hard for me to trail ride you have a nice trail bike

Back in the day I had a 1985 cr250. A budy of mine thought he wanted to one up me and bought a 1986 cr500 for his first bike $1800 new. Well I got to ride it more than I did my own and you aint kidding with the light switch either the front tire was in the air or the rear tier wanted to lead the way. Oh to be young and bullet proof again.:firing:

Those '86's were the baddest of the bad. The 85/86/87 motors were the most powerful factory 500's, by a fairly significant margin. They were also geared lower than the later bikes, which led to the excitement. :D

The only way to manage them effectively is to ride a couple gears higher than normal. If you cruise around like it's a 250, revving it out, you're destined for trouble. That's why the 4 strokes finally took over. The new 450's will beat a stock 500 in the majority of drag races just because they're easier to launch and have a wider, far easier to use powerband.

That being said, I can't wait to throw ice tires on my 500 and go cruise around on a lake next month. :D

Back