ohlins su406 or su841?

blackfalcon

Registered
i am looking for a gd rear shock for my haya ohlins is offering this two models for gen1 hayabusa which is better any views on it,,, would greatly appreciate....

the su46 adds more features/options to the shock which allow you to adjust both the high and low speed compression. The other feature allows you to increase or decrese the overall shock height.

no, unless you've got the extra money to burn. IMO, you would be better off getting the 841 and spending the money you saved at a shop that can set the suspension for you. Talk to the guys from a track and findout what shops the racers use to setup their suspension. This doesn't mean to have them set your suspension up for the track. Talk to shop and explain that you're looking for a baseline street friendly setup. You want to use their suspension tunning knowledge to get things setup for you. Make sure you go to the shop in gear so that the can more accurately set the suspension for your weight.

no, unless you've got the extra money to burn. IMO, you would be better off getting the 841 and spending the money you saved at a shop that can set the suspension for you. Talk to the guys from a track and findout what shops the racers use to setup their suspension. This doesn't mean to have them set your suspension up for the track. Talk to shop and explain that you're looking for a baseline street friendly setup. You want to use their suspension tunning knowledge to get things setup for you. Make sure you go to the shop in gear so that the can more accurately set the suspension for your weight.

thank u bro for yur advice will go and learn more abt this bfore i buy

Mr Black, I asked our Ohlins rep this very same question. Their answer was quite amusing.

The less expensive shock by Ohlins for the Busa is basically a stock replacement. If you are budget-minded and need an Ohlins, insurance company needs cheap replacements, etc. that's your shock. The SU841 is a basic 1st generation shock Ohlins made for the Busa. The dampening adjustment is located at the reservoir with a adjuster wheel or slot there. Where it got interesting is they had none in the US, Ohlins (in Sweden) didn't have any either. If my guy wanted that shock, he'd have to wait for their next production run so there was no telling when we could even supply it. Could be days, or even months. Ohlins USA didn't even bother to stock it.

The other shock Ohlins has for the Gen-I, the SU406, is just little over a $100 more, but has one more feature in the Adjustable Hi-Lo Speed Compression Dampening. It is a premium unit, and an upgraded design over the origin (the SU841). The Hi-Lo adjustments allows you to tinker with the hi-lo speed compression to get just the right ride for your style & weight. The upgraded SU406 shock also comes with the hose mounted hydraulic spring preload adjuster which is typically mounted by the exhaust hanger or tucked in by the undertail. Being that it's remotely located, you can adjust it on the fly - whether out canyon riding, two-up, or headed to the track for a day.

Need one, let me know. We provided them set up for you by your weight and ready to install. :thumbsup:

:easy: Suzuki Öhlins Shocks for Suzuki Motorcycles | Pashnit Moto

Ohlins S46PR1C2LS for Hayabusa

You probably need a visual. See pre-load adjuster. :thumbsup:

busa_ohlins_bike.jpg

ohlins_preload.jpg

busa_ohlins_bike.jpg

ohlins_preload.jpg

su 406 remote on exhaust hanger.
Webshots.com Links Do Not Work

cheers
ken

Back