Electrical Outlets:where to install?

busa-saga

Registered
last summa i threw these sockets together to power cell, GPS, etc...now that i have time, am looking for some ideas to make it more neat.Hopefully some where in the front. any ideas? pics preferable.thanks in advance.

IMG00216-20091219-2157.jpg

IMG00216-20091219-2157.jpg

Is there a way to insert them into the inners, I have seen switches done like that.

Check out Powerlet Products - they may have something there...
http://www.powerletproducts.com/products

Or, do what I did - I mounted a couple on the right ram-air tube. And also a couple in the trunk. Also put a fuse block with a relay on the right side of the trunk.

power-ram air.JPG

power-trunk.JPG

fuse block.JPG

power-ram air.JPG

power-trunk.JPG

fuse block.JPG

I put them under my seat and run the cords (radar/GPS) up under the tank to the where I need them. ^^^ like that^^^

Last edited:
Change them out with rca style jacks like we use on snowmobiles. There isn't that much current to worry about. Combine the two into one power line to the battery and fuse it there. I have mine cable ties to the choke cable on the left side of the triple tree.

I use a powerlet plug to the GPS. SAE to the tank bag from the battery tender pigtail when I need power to the tank bag for a cell phone charger.
Standard 12v cigarette plugs are too bulky and tend to lose connection.

IMG_2862.jpg

Another way to get electrical power :-)) Directly from the batterie, no cable splitting at all, no short-circuit :race:

Steckdose12V_0016.jpg

Steckdose12V_0018.jpg

i don't have pics but i cable tied mine under the front seat facing the rear so that its accessable from under the rear seat and it doesn't take up any space in the rear when not in use
i run the cable under the seat and tank when i need to use it and it wont get wet if out when it rains

omslaw, where did you find this distribution block? I've been looking everywhere (ebay, radioshack, autozone, etc...) for this type with no luck. I even followed your link, but I couldn't find this one. Thanks in advance.

As for where to mount the outlet, mine's under the hump on the side-wall of the storage area. Mostly use it to charge cell phones while riding.

fuse%20block.JPG

Back