battery tender pigtails

papi_ocho

Registered
is it possible to plug "other" things to this?

I would love to wire a socket! for gps,phone,pocket rocket, u know whatever I may need power for!

I'm not tring to wire an RV's worth of stuff but I do know that our electrical system can withstand a lot

I don't know if the tenders' pig tail can hold up to the requirments that...say a GPS will need!!

any input would be great!!
the pigtails I'm using are fused.
Posted via Mobile Device

A GPS doesn't draw much current. The tender pigtail is more than adequate for that.

If you can find the connector, maybe Radio Shack............ GPS and most electronics; not a problem.

Yes you can. Make sure you replace the fuse for one rated to handle whatever you are going to use with it. I replaced the fuse in mine with a 20A rated fuse. I plug heated gear into the plug when I ride in cold weather.

^ like they said, I have a cigarette socket for mine. I think battery tender made it, but it's easy enough to make it. You can buy the connectors for radio shack or the like as well as the socket. Just make sure you get the polarity right.

I use it for the GPS and/or charging my phone. As long as you are not connecting a coffee pot you will be alright.

LMAO!! first long post I put on here somebody told me to lay off the caffeine!! hmm coffee pot??

I picked up a black&decker tender! it came with 3types of pig tails! I mounted the one I needed!
had a lighter socket mounted on my 500.. gonna chop them and merry them up!

thank u all!
and first time we meet dunkin donuts is on me!!
Posted via Mobile Device

I would love to wire a socket! for gps,phone,pocket rocket, u know whatever I may need power for!

Papi - you to go here:
Buy Now: Motorcycle Power Cord Adapters Powerlet BMW SAE Plugs | Pashnit Moto Products

About 20 pages of wires and adapters to do whatever want. I use an SAE plug on mine which is most universal and then plug adapters into that.

displayimage.php

:-( I need to fix my computer!! I can't see anything on that link!!

ok I can see half the page! my phone only downloads half!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes you can. Make sure you replace the fuse for one rated to handle whatever you are going to use with it. I replaced the fuse in mine with a 20A rated fuse. I plug heated gear into the plug when I ride in cold weather.

Just make sure the wire doesn't become the fuse. :thumbsup:

i got cameras, radio, alarm, GPS , Radar and 12v socket in my bike, plus heated vest plugs, havent had a problem yet....

Back