Low sided it. Insurance buy back worth it?

helminiakjoe

Registered
Ok I had to put the bike down. Low sided it.:banghead:

I had already committed to a line and a cagier came to close to the yellow for me. I don’t know if they were over the yellow or not. I do know I had to change my line. Not as easy as one might think, bike weight is a factor.

Insurance company wants $2100 to buy back but I’m not sure if it worth the hassle to part it out. Thoughts?:whistle:

I walked away with not a scratch, foot hit something and top of it had a burse and soft tissue neck that went away in a few days. GEAR, GEAR and GEAR! I was wearing my full race gear. Joe Rocket Speedmaster 5 suit, Alpinestars GP Tech Gloves, Alpinestars Supertech R Boots, Dainese Wave 1 back protector, Shoei X-11 Helmet. :cheerleader:

-Joe
2007 Hayabusa (mostly stock) <8000 miles.

IMAG0008.jpg

IMAG0009.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

IMAG0015.jpg

IMAG0016.jpg

IMAG0017.jpg

IMAG0021.jpg

looks pretty bad.. motor and rear wheel are ok? :)

might need a frame?

no frame? might put it back together for $1500-$2000? Might be pretty close on value and it will have salvage title?

What are they going give you for the thing?

They are paying out $8000 for the bike and $3000 for the gear.

Both Wheels are ok. :D Tree got in the way and forks took all the force. Engine is ok some gash on cover that opened the case spilling the oil. but bike turned off as soon as it was on the side so I don't think any damage was done there.

GMD COMPUTRACK said it does not look that bad and could have saved it from salvage but Insurance company sent out the appraiser before I talked to GMD G.M.D. Computrack - HOME :duh:

Last edited:
You got money for your GEAR? Only thing my insurance paid for was my helmet. Dang! Sorry about your bike, but i would by it back, fix it and use it for a track or kickin around bike.

I know this is going to sound like a plug but..... I can"t say enough good things about them. The cost of the insurance is not the cheapest but service and hasslefree claim is top tier!! :bounce:

Progressive Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance: Motorcycle Insurance Quotes - Progressive

Custom Parts & Equipment - When you purchase Comprehensive or Collision motorcycle insurance coverage, at least $3,000 of Accessory coverage for your custom parts and equipment is included in most states. Up to $30,000 of additional Accessory coverage can be purchased to cover custom parts that exceed the included value

If your not looking to resale the bike I'd buy it back to fix it up then ride it into the ground(no point intended).

As for progressive :poke:

With the amount they wanted to charge me, I could buy a new busa every 2 year. I'll stick with statefarm. $500 a year.

This is what I ended up buying:

2006 GSXR 600
Salvage Title
Racetech Cartridge Forks
Ohlins TTX Rear shock
Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch
Ported and milled head with Yoshimura cams
Yoshimura Full R-55 Carbon System
Vortex Case Covers
Vortex Clip ons
Vortex Rear Sets
GPR Steering Stabilizer
Carbon Tank Cover
Power Commander
Ignition Module
Quick Shifter
Tuned for VP U4.2 or Sunoco GT 260 Plus
Brembo Master Cylinder
Double Bubble Windscreen
Drilled and Safety Wired

gsxr600.jpg

IMAGE_023.jpg

55 minutes from do I build it to "looky what I got" :laugh: (should leave you with a bunch of change too!, See things like this on the NESBA/WERA boards pretty regular in the 3-5000 range...)

guess we are going to start doing serious track days?

Last edited:
from me to you cash out walk away.

They are paying out $8000 for the bike and $3000 for the gear.

Both Wheels are ok. :D Tree got in the way and forks took all the force. Engine is ok some gash on cover that opened the case spilling the oil. but bike turned off as soon as it was on the side so I don't think any damage was done there.

GMD COMPUTRACK said it does not look that bad and could have saved it from salvage but Insurance company sent out the appraiser before I talked to GMD G.M.D. Computrack - HOME :duh:

Mr Bogus:
Well truth be told I had the GSXR two weeks after the low side.

As far as trackdays, When i put it down I was riding with 2 CR's from NESBA and another expert. They all could not believe what I was doing on the BUSA! I was keeping up with them but had to hang off and drag my knee to stop from dragging the bike going around some of the corners. This was the problem with trying to change my line mid corner with the cage coming the other way. Busa is just too big to be flicking around mid corner.

I was supposed to be at RA last weekend for track days but it was to cold and I have a refresh in the plan for the new bike. I’m looking every day on NESBA and WERA for rims and sprockets, thinking of making my new bike duel street/track. Right now it does not have any street use, doesn't even use pump gas and the PO could not tell me the compression ratio. Knows it is higher than stock just not how much higher??? When I do the refresh, I'll measure the head to find out if pump gas will work.

Yep track days are great, faster and safer then the street! ADD cheaper than a ticket! I DON’T RUN! My clearance/job is my income so if I lose that there will be no use for the bike. ;)

-Joe

I am with you on the Busa.... not exactly the "optimal" track bike... I beat mine pretty hard...

Funny with NESBA.. they see the Busa and you get lots of personalized attention (suppose dead riders dont spend a lot huh? ) :laugh:

I had to ride the wheels off the thing to make the Intermediate group.. those guys are no slouches... Rode with 3 different groups last year and NESBA was easily the fastest guys in any given group..

The Gixxer should be a ball

Should be a ball, I went to one of their local Christmas party last Sat and they welcomed me into the fold. Maybe B/C I found out I know a bunch of them????

I never did drag any parts, but did drag a toe sometimes just because my feet were on pegs too far to the outside.

I wish I had some pictures of me dragging my knees on that bike. Most people don't believe me when I tell them.

I had to get my new bike setup for me. Change out the springs and change the oil front and rear. My race weight is 235LBS at 12% body fat so the GSXR seems like a toy now compared to the BUSA.

:whistle: You know...... no one has yet to say anything about parting the bike out yet

Last edited:
Should be a ball, I went to one of their local Christmas party last Sat and they welcomed me into the fold. Maybe B/C I found out I know a bunch of them????

I never did drag any parts, but did drag a toe sometimes just because my feet were on pegs too far to the outside.

I wish I had some pictures of me dragging my knees on that bike. Most people don't believe me when I tell them.

I had to get my new bike setup for me. Change out the springs and change the oil front and rear. My race weight is 235LBS at 12% body fat so the GSXR seems like a toy now compared to the BUSA.

:whistle: You know...... no one has yet to say anything about parting the bike out yet
send me a list of the tracks you are running next season and maybe we can hook up...

Given a few days on the Busa at the track, you must be dragging knee on "every" corner to keep up with the faster guys.. just nature of the beast.. but sure is fun :)

Last edited:
I'm in St Louis, MO and most of my knee pucks are gone.... before I even got on the track?????

Frist track day will be at Jennings or Talladega they are a groung of guys that take the big RV down after the snows sticks around to long.

Waiting for the track days to get set before I start filling in the calander but I think the only thing that will hold me back is the $300 set of tires every weekend. At least I'm not on the Busa anymore that would be replace the back one every day:laugh:

Take the 8K and walk away. No way in hell you would get that if you sold it out right.

buy the bike back, part it out, keep motor. then take the motor and stuff it into the frame of the 600. or a go-kart.

I know this is going to sound like a plug but..... I can"t say enough good things about them. The cost of the insurance is not the cheapest but service and hasslefree claim is top tier!! :bounce:

Progressive Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance: Motorcycle Insurance Quotes - Progressive

Custom Parts & Equipment - When you purchase Comprehensive or Collision motorcycle insurance coverage, at least $3,000 of Accessory coverage for your custom parts and equipment is included in most states. Up to $30,000 of additional Accessory coverage can be purchased to cover custom parts that exceed the included value

progressive :moon: :whistle: :laugh:

You whacked her good.

Really glad to hear you didn't get hurt, bro.

Good luck with future decisions...and ride sane! :beerchug:

well with the additional for the gear your in pretty good shape it's a tough call and you would still need to get rid of the damaged parts too. depends on how much time you want to spend selling it off.

I am going to ask for a lower buyback and then put it on eBay with the reserve being that buy back amount. If it goes above the value it will sell and ship and if not I will give it to the salvage company.

That’s the best plan of action I can see. :idea:
-Joe

Back