Invasion of the red x !!!!!!!!!!!!!

F=MA

Donating Member
Registered
To our most valued board administrators :bowdown:

It has come to my attention, and the attention of other attentive members that a number of images that are posted here display only red letter "x" inside a box.

At first it seemed it was just one or two, but over time it seems it has increased to the point some of us fear we're being overrun.

It appears some members experience this issue and some are somehow immune to the virus.

Is this due to the way the images are uploaded to the board, is it a board issue, or a browser issue?

Using I.E. 8, Vista Home Premium. Right clicking and selecting "display image" has been suggested by one of our infinitely wise members, but has proved ineffective against these rogue images.

Any thoughts on how to achieve ehanced communication through the viewing of currently unavailable images are appreciated.

I know the pictures I upload and they dont show up have been my fault,

I was uploading them with the wrong format ( Hope thats the correct term ) Now I have figured out how to turn them into JPGs and have no more problems.

Thanks DEMMYM. This problem seems to be of a different nature because some members can see them and comment on them, while others cannot.

This must be an issue with Internet Explorer 8. I just revisited some of the pictures in question with Google Chrome and found that browser displayed the photos that I.E. 8 shows as red x's.

This is the process I have to do in order to see whats behind the X

Right click the image then copy it

Open MS Word then paste it there

It gets annoying at times so i see a limited number of x's

Thanks.

Compatibility mode doesn't help. I even deleted temporary internet files to make sure it wasn't caching the previous page view.

No luck with the article.

GA-Boi I would have never thought to paste into Word. That does work, and as you wrote, is annoying to have to do. I had previously tried to copy and paste into Photoshop, but for some reason Photoshop doesn't recognize there's anything on the clipboard after right clicking on the x and selecting copy.

I'd hate to have to use a special browser to view only this website.

when uploading pictures just make sure they are in .jpeg format. An easy way to convert is to open the picture in windows Paint. Click Files then Save As and select JPEG in the save as type box

when uploading pictures just make sure they are in .jpeg format. An easy way to convert is to open the picture in windows Paint. Click Files then Save As and select JPEG in the save as type box
:thumbsup: Yep

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Thanks!

Now that you (I assume) made the change to the uploaded photos, I.E. 8 will display them properly.

So to clarify, this is a result of a member uploading a .gif image using the site's uploader instead of a jpeg?

Thanks again. :thumbsup:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Thanks!

Now that you (I assume) made the change to the uploaded photos, I.E. 8 will display them properly.

So to clarify, this is a result of a member uploading a .gif image using the site's uploader instead of a jpeg?

Thanks again. :thumbsup:

Yeah that was me. Their pictures were loaded as .bmp which the board will allow but for some reason they were just showing up as an X for most of us.

I have Vista and have the same problem of not being able to see the pictures. Wardie

same here.. red x's and well.... i have show pics...just updated java....will see

F=MA, can you see these? they are the same pics in the other thread changed from bmp to jpg

robo.JPG

pool.JPG

Back