Canyon Dancer test drive

Just my .02 I used canyondancers for years, till the shop wrench from sport rider & super streetbike gave me a "Cycle-Cinch" to use. I will never go back. no more ruined grips or busted switches
I never put straps on my bars.. ruined some controls one time.. end of that game..

With that Baxley chock, I would just run a strap from each rear set to an anchor point and go.. I have hauled thousands of miles with that setup and never had a problem..

I love my canyon dancer. I use it when loading the 'busa into the trailer. QUESTION? I want to know how you guys load your bikes into the truck? I've got a Nissan Titan and it seems WAY too high to load the bike. I'd love to hear your techniques!

I "like" the Canyon Dancers but I "love" the Canyon Dacers II's!!

BarHarness2Small.png

I love my canyon dancer. I use it when loading the 'busa into the trailer. QUESTION? I want to know how you guys load your bikes into the truck? I've got a Nissan Titan and it seems WAY too high to load the bike. I'd love to hear your techniques!

I use a normal short ramp, Aluminum folds rated at 1000lbs.
Find a little hill or ditch, they are everwhere, to reduce the angle and I ride the bike up, walk it down.

Run your straps through the canyon dancer like in the pic below so you do not contact the fairings. Hook the back on the passenger peg brackets. I have logged thousands of miles this way with the R1 and four trips with the new Busa. Today, I tried the Baxter chock for the first time. I felt more at ease with the canyon dancer since the chock did slide a little bit. I only had two tie downs so I may use four next time.

I agree the straps should not be touching the fairings, at the last eureka springs MnG Notright had his touching and it broke one of the fairings so be careful.

Motorcycle Ramps For Sale at the Ramp Master - Ride Up and Walk Up Styles

These are the ones I bought and have been using for almost 10 years.
Easy Riser Motorcycle Ramps - 12 feet long. The longest motorcycle ramps for a gradual inclines. Aluminum reinforced with stainless steel.

The Busa goes up fine at stock height. I haven't lowered it yet, but I expect a slight problem. I just got the Busa, and I have only put it in the pickup a total of 7 times. With the R1 slammed (lowering link), I would have to release the strap on the front to load and unload, and I would just barely make it without scraping. A longer ramp would have been better. Do you plan on lowering your Busa? I have the links, but have not installed them yet. I just drive the bike right up with my weight off the seat to keep from scraping. The Busa at stock height goes right up with my weight on the seat. I use my tie downs to hold the ramps to the truck. You don't want them sliding off the truck while loading or unloading. Don't ask me how I know this :)

DSC00742.JPG

Last edited:
Back