Question about CBR1000RR Repsol

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Is the "Repsol RR" just a standard CBR1000RR with a graphics package or are there any mechanical differences?. (looking at an '09 as a track bike)

anyone run the RR as a track bike here?

TIA

repsol.jpg

Last edited:
Its just a paint job. A fantastic one at that. I don't care what anyone says, I like the 08+ cbr1000's. Then again I have a 08 hayabusa and had a 06 zx10r, so I must like ugly ducklings.

Its just a paint job. A fantastic one at that. I don't care what anyone says, I like the 08+ cbr1000's. Then again I have a 08 hayabusa and had a 06 zx10r, so I must like ugly ducklings.

Well identifing and admitting a problem is the first step to recovery.
The new CBRs look like sht big time. As do the new R-1s. Hate the stubby
look at both ends, ruins the bike's flow.

The '06 Zx10...now that's smoking :thumbsup:. Love the undertail exhaust (which is another
negitive for the new cbr IMHO, no more undertail exhaust)

The '08 Busa with that tail...:whistle:

I would LOVE to buy a CBR but if it's me...I'm buyin this one (my Fav)
95041419_1thumb_550x410.jpg

Is the "Repsol RR" just a standard CBR1000RR with a graphics package or are there any mechanical differences?. (looking at an '09 as a track bike)

anyone run the RR as a track bike here?

TIA

why destroy a beautiful icon offering like that at the track?..most hard core track day dudes and racers i've known don't take their expensive ducatis or sweetazz exotica race replicas to a track day..normally they find an inexpensive dust collector in someones garage on the cheap and then toss on some aftermarket fairings (like sharkskinz) to save the expensive oem stuff...especially with the exotics...just a sugestion and?...

L8R, Bill. :cool:

why destroy a beautiful icon offering like that at the track?..most hard core track day dudes and racers i've known don't take their expensive ducatis or sweetazz exotica race replicas to a track day..normally they find an inexpensive dust collector in someones garage on the cheap and then toss on some aftermarket fairings (like sharkskinz) to save the expensive oem stuff...especially with the exotics...just a sugestion and?...

Yea I know, I know and I fight that thought every time I roll a bike out on the track that I have probably 20G in ...

I think NHRA and IHBA spoiled me on going fast and looking pretty at the same time.. :whistle:

I have grown weary of working on the things however.. :laugh: I catch a lot of hell from the guys at the track now when I roll that shiny mega buck busa out there and flog it to death..

I suppose tweaking and edging all the performance out of a machine I can sort of takes a back seat to having fun now.. :laugh:

at $7G for a brand spanking new track bike, I am having a problem containing myself is all... But before you give up on me, it is not a done deal yet... maybe the Repsol AND and $2000 beater track bike? Hmm.....

As others have already mentioned, graphics are the only difference.

New generation CBR1K's are amazing bikes. I used to have a 06, been on the 08's a few times...night and day difference, Honda did a kick ass job with the latest generation. And change the gearing, -1 front, +2 rear...WOW!!!
Keep an eye on the oil level though, they tend to consume oil...latest with some of them.

BTW...in case you ever wonder in the future, CBR Fireblade is what they call the bike in Europe.

at $7G for a brand spanking new track bike, I am having a problem containing myself is all... But before you give up on me, it is not a done deal yet... maybe the Repsol AND and $2000 beater track bike? Hmm.....

there ya go!...now yer talk'in...save that sweetazz repsol for roost'in the pits and pos'in at bike nights..then buy sumpt'in that's not gonna wreck your day if ya toss it a time or two...like a nice 600, some sharkskinz a gross of wire coathangers and a case of duct-tape! :laugh:

i'd never give up on ya..you could grab a nice sv650, gsxr750...they'll give ya a thrill on the right tracks...and flickable as all get out.

I was extremely impressed with the recent generation fireblade. Was a lot better then the 08 ZX10 and was very similar to the GSXR of 08.

there ya go!...now yer talk'in...save that sweetazz repsol for roost'in the pits and pos'in at bike nights..then buy sumpt'in that's not gonna wreck your day if ya toss it a time or two...like a nice 600, some sharkskinz a gross of wire coathangers and a case of duct-tape! :laugh:

i'd never give up on ya..you could grab a nice sv650, gsxr750...they'll give ya a thrill on the right tracks...and flickable as all get out.

enough with the common sense thing already... :rofl: pos'in at bike nights... :rofl: lucky if I even wipe the windscreen down for those...

its only paint and graphics its an absolutely awesome track bike, i have 3 friends with the repsol...ranging from an 07 cbr600 to the new 09 1k...they all are awesome...now if you buy its..just get some track plastic for it and save the nice stuff..ill even drive down to fw to help you set the bike up

oh randy we have a 2006 gsxr 750 for sale but not sure if i can get my old landlord to give you a good price..but its got less then 4 k on it..i did all the work to it myself...think it may need a new exhaust valve(the electronic motor that opens and close it) other then that she runs great

Back