Random pic thread.

Frank Murray, CIA pilot, fellow Vincent Black Shadow owner, found the "Pueblo" off
N Korea in 1971,flying an SR71. now living in Gardnerville NV.

frank_murray.jpg

F=MA, your photography is incredible, but I'm sure you're aware of that. I also contend you're cheating, your cockpit view trumps all of us looking out of the 12" side windows!

104995752_145298a6dd_o.jpg

I like this one. Have you tried a black & white version?

As for my photography, I'm better than I used to be, but nowhere near where I'd like to be. I can hold my own against many, but there are also many whose talent is far superior to mine.

Perhaps in a decade or two...

The reason I continue on.... My Daughter Caitlin,my world. Her & I riding the "Thomas" train together.
Daddy :love:'s you baby girl!

Hi Brian,
That picture fills my heart, I know the love you feel for your daughter.:thumbsup:

A picture is a thumbprint in time that can never be duplicated, hold those memories strong. :bowdown:
Bubba

As for my photography, I'm better than I used to be, but nowhere near where I'd like to be. I can hold my own against many, but there are also many whose talent is far superior to mine.

Perhaps in a decade or two...

someone is beind modest. your photos are very good.:thumbsup:

The still life above was created for my wife to paint for the wall in our kitchen. The 8x10 I printed is visible in the lower left corner of this image. The painting is 30X40. It was a lot of fun to work together as a team to create a piece of artwork for our home.

4137928169_fd0bfd2803_o.jpg

what you find in Nassau off the beatin path

View attachment 166905

Nice public service message. In India, you'll see S.T.D. advertised everywhere. Posters like "S.T.D. 30 rs." rs = rupees = Indian currency.

Completely different meaning. I posted this in a thread I started a couple of weeks ago, but it has a STD sign in it.

STD = Standard Trunk Dialing = pay phone service...

4096756449_09270afba9_o.jpg

Hi Brian,
That picture fills my heart, I know the love you feel for your daughter.:thumbsup:

A picture is a thumbprint in time that can never be duplicated, hold those memories strong. :bowdown:
Bubba

Much appreciated compadre :beerchug:

Frank Murray, CIA pilot, fellow Vincent Black Shadow owner, found the "Pueblo" off
N Korea in 1971,flying an SR71. now living in Gardnerville NV.

Phil, a great addition to this thread. Here lies a picture of gentleman that none of us knew, however he risked his live and probably shgaped the future of things more then we can imagine. Nice share!

Nice photo!

How do you quote a message and include the photo in it? I'm infinitely ignorant.

Thank you. Your pics are incredible. I feel your aircraft work & model knowledge is amazing. :bowdown:

I think to quote a post and have the image show with it, depends on how the individual uploaded the pic. I'm not exactly sure either ???

Oh, and a funny one. After I sold my '68 Charger:

You have some nice work as well blusmbl. Keep up the good work!
I specifically like these :thumbsup: The snowy mountain pic reminds me so much of a part of Rt. 6 leading up out of Vail into Leadville, CO. I miss the tranquil beauty of that area.

remindsme ofvail.jpg

alley.jpg

I like this one. Have you tried a black & white version?

Thank you! I thought the building/sky contrast would be lost in B&W, but I gave it a whirl anyway:

4138739707_a88b0dffdd_o.jpg

I'm glad you're modest about your ability... although you really don't need to be. Your pics speak for themselves. I see lots of people that know how to compose a picture, but can't find decent subject matter, or yuppies with thousands upon thousands of dollars of gear only to take craptacular photos, and others who are really good and don't brag about it. You fall into the latter category.

have some nice work as well blusmbl. Keep up the good work!

I specifically like these :thumbsup: The snowy mountain pic reminds me so much of a part of Rt. 6 leading up out of Vail into Leadville, CO. I miss the tranquil beauty of that area.

Thanks again. It reminds you of Rt. 6 because that's Dillon Dam Rd, looking west, between Dillon and Frisco, just south of I-70! Maybe 30 minutes from Leadville. I absolutely love it out there, I get to travel to the Dillon/Breck area several times a year for work and cherish it immensely. What is a bit discouraging though- there has been a large beetle population sweeping in and killing the pine trees in the area. It looks noticeably different than just 2-3 years ago.

-Nick

Thanks again. It reminds you of Rt. 6 because that's Dillon Dam Rd, looking west, between Dillon and Frisco, just south of I-70! Maybe 30 minutes from Leadville. I absolutely love it out there, I get to travel to the Dillon/Breck area several times a year for work and cherish it immensely. What is a bit discouraging though- there has been a large beetle population sweeping in and killing the pine trees in the area. It looks noticeably different than just 2-3 years ago.

-Nick

Wow...I knew that looked familiar! Nice guess huh? :laugh:

I understand what you mean about the Pine Beetles. I lived in Vail from 1992-1996. The beetles weren't even recognized then. Then I moved back in 1999 and lived there until 2003. When I left they had begun to show quite a bit of damage. The town was unsure what to do to control them. I can only imagine what kind of path they have laid waste to by now :duh:

By the way....if you ever get a chance to ride Rt. 6 to Leadville in the summer on a motorcycle....whooo boy! Now that's a treat! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Just be aware of the occasional gravel spots.

Back