Weekend trip to Virginia

luvmybusa

Donating Member
Registered
For those who remember the thread posted by VAbusa "Foster Mom to a breed I never thought I'd help", she took in a dog who was saved from a very bad situation. After talking with her I decided that I could give Luke the home that he deserved.

IMXCITD (Bill) had posted a thread saying that he had just bought a bike from a seller in Chicagoland and needed it transported to Virginia. I saw his thread two days after deciding that I was going to get Luke. After talking with Bill, the plan was that I would rent a truck, pickup his bike from the seller in Chicago, and haul it to Virginia. From there I was leaving the bike at Michelle's when I left to go home with Luke, and Bill would pick it up a week later.

I picked up his bike Friday night and hit the road to VA early Saturday morning. Six states and 14.5 hours later we arrived at Michelle's house at 2:30 in the morning. Her being the gracious host that she is, was awake and more than welcoming. We spent about an hour talking and getting to know Luke before sleeping four hours and hitting the road to come back home. Michelle's generosity is second to none! :bowdown: She gave up her bedroom to my girlfriend and I and refused to take "no" for an answer. After four hours of sleep we unloaded Bill's bike, packed up the truck, and on a belly full of cinnamon rolls we started the long trek home.

The directions took us a different route home and we ended up passing through D.C., which was our first trip there. Even though we only got to spend two hours in the city, it was still a great experience. Around 11 pm and falling asleep at the wheel twice, we decided it would be best to call it a night and get a motel room. We finally got a full nights sleep and finished up the trip home Monday morning.

Now that Luke has spent a few days at his new home, he is starting to settle in. He was a great passenger and is the kindest, sweetest, most gentle dog I've ever met. We are very happy with the new edition to the family. Not getting me this time pic police :moon:

Virginia Trip 057.jpg

Virginia Trip 058.jpg

Virginia Trip 004.jpg

Virginia Trip 059.jpg

Virginia Trip 060.jpg

Virginia Trip 009.jpg

Virginia Trip 023.jpg

Attaboy!!!

Dude...you got the road-trip you were looking for and hooked up a bunch of folks along the way.

You are a good man, youngster. A very good man.

Congrats to all, kudos to you, and what a blessing for a(nother) good home for Lucas.

Great things happen to great people, Mikey. Well done.

Last edited:
Very cool! Good Karma! We just got a rescue dog this weekend. 3 year old female lab. We are happy with her and I think shes happy with us.

That's such an awesome story!!! Looks like Luke already feels at home. Good on you for stepping up to the plate and giving him a good home:thumbsup:

Oh, my Lucas!! I think I'm going to cry... :-(

We miss him; he such an amazing dog. I think he's settled in well! Can't wait to share these pics with the kids tomorrow. Many thanks for taking him home and giving him what he deserves. He is truly one of a kind in my book and for you two to drive so far for him shows he's in amazing hands and will live the life he deserved.

And now I have 2 Busas I don't ride :rofl:

Thanks again Mike, to you both. You two are the best and welcome here anytime :bowdown:

That is a good lookin dog that you have there. I can't wait till I can get a place of my own and have a couple of dogs. :thumbsup:

Awwww!!!!! What a great story!!!! Lucas looks like such a sweetheart!! Glad he found a forever home!!! Great road trip too!!!! :)

I had a good cry last night. Seeing the pics of the dog that's lived in my home and kept me company for 6 weeks was tougher than I'd expected. :down:

I'm better today. He is truly an incredible dog and he will be so great in his new home :)

Good job Mikey and Allysa. Glad you guys are able to give Lucas a good home. I know he will be a happy and spoiled dog. Also glad that things worked out for Bill and he was able to get his bike delivered.
And as for VAB's. what can I say. She is a fantastic person with a HUGE heart. You all are shining examples of the people we have here.
THIS PLACE ROCKS!! Job well done all around

I love him too outlawbusa...he is one amazing dog considering the life he's led thus far...

I can only chalk it up to him being so thankful for no longer being abused, he craves affection and in the words of my kids, "He loves his people!" :)

I love him too outlawbusa...he is one amazing dog considering the life he's led thus far...

I can only chalk it up to him being so thankful for no longer being abused, he craves affection and in the words of my kids, "He loves his people!" :)

+1000 He LOVES to make himself at home right on top of you as your sitting on the ground, the couch, a kitchen chair, anywhere lol. Like VAB's said, he is amazing. After what he's been through, all he asks is for a gentle and loving hand to be run over his fur. I'll be sure to keep the thread current with pics!

And like everyone has said before...Michelle absolutely is a prime example of what this place is all about! Not many people would invite two strange 22 year olds into their home, offer up their bedroom, make delicious cinnamon rolls for breakfast (I had 6 lol), and send an amazing dog home with them. I tried to explain the trip to the guy at enterprise and he could not believe the generosity and trust that the people of the .org possess. "You're all crazy" is what he said. I say he's just missing out. You all rock!

Last edited:
Back