Met Corvette Guys today

UncleSteve

Gear good - roadrash bad
Donating Member
Registered
I ran across these guys on I-40 this afternoon. They were towing the Vette back to Cali. They were coming from Nashville, filming a segment for Spike TV.

No lights on the trailer, thought they might like to know. After all I would not like to see any ones Vette run over,.... scattered all over the countryside over a piece of wire and a 10cent fuse.
Looked at the trailer wiring and noticed the wires were wrapped around the hitch and were crushed. I offered for them to follow me to the house (we were a couple miles away) and we could fix it in a few minutes. They agreed and off we went, I think they had visions of the twilight zone. We are pretty friendly in the midwest, don't think they were used to it. Hey it stinks to be broke down away from home.
After the wire repair and fuse replacement, they were back on the road.
While talking with them, (Alex and Greg) I learned they own this web site.

SmokinVette.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

They were nice guys and were grateful for the repair.

IMG_2955.jpg

IMG_2949.jpg

IMG_2952.jpg

IMG_2948.jpg

IMG_2957.jpg

Ummm, yeah...as a courtesy to you, they should have let you take her for a spin :whistle: Very nice!!

Good of you Steve :thumbsup:

Hey I know those guys! They race with us, National Auto Sport Association (NASA).

Thanks for helping them out!

Hey I know those guys! They race with us, National Auto Sport Association (NASA).

Thanks for helping them out!

I told them about the org, and said, some one on here would know them or the car.
Small world.

Alex said the first round was on him when they return. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
They could use an enclosed deal as part of the racing rig with a car like that...road debris, weather, and theft would make me nerveous dragging it aroud the states.

Back