The Wall

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
Took some pix at Veterans Memorial Park in Barnwell today. This is the second time The Vietnam Memorial Wall ( moving ) has been here. Took Naomi and Rachel. Talked to a few vet's. Wardogs was there also. Enjoy the pix, I'm not a professional like some members.

The Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall Page

DSC01425 (Medium).JPG

DSC01427 (Medium).JPG

DSC01429 (Medium).JPG

DSC01430 (Medium).JPG

DSC01432 (Medium).JPG

DSC01433 (Medium).JPG

DSC01434 (Medium).JPG

DSC01435 (Medium).JPG

DSC01437 (Medium).JPG

I have seen it when it was down here in West Palm Beach.
I had a good friend die there, and When I saw his name I got goose bumps.
I was there in 1968.
Wasn't a popular war.
When I got back home we there wasn't anyone applauding us for serving there.???
Just was a big waste of lives.

Thanks for the pics Do3.

Thanks for serving gurrera.

Thanks to all the men and women of the armed forces both past and present.

Good to see the Viet Vets getting remembered, my dad did 3 tours of Nam in the 60's and is now suffering from its effect (mentally) on him all these years later, he never as most return vets ever talked about his experience over there . Here is to all those who served over there:beerchug:

Professional or not, thanks for sharing with those of us who haven't had the opportunity to experience this for ourselves.

I've visited the monument in DC. It was rough, very solemn. This is the second time in ten years that the moving version has made it to little Barnwell. I understand that four of the moving version exist. I was told but have not done the research that Liz Allen is recognized as the first female killed in the war. I was told she came from Allendale Co. which is next to Barnwell Co. We all owe such a great debt to those that gave it all.

Back