Some Pix from our road trip to Barber

BlondeOnaBusa

Just call me B.O.B
Registered
We were loaded up and was ready to go but ran into a bit-o-trouble before we even left the drive way Friday.

The leaf spring on the driver side of the trailer broke and had to get it welded. Thank God for friends with portable welders! Hat's off to Curtis for getting us on the road quickly!

100_5785.jpg

100_5787.jpg

Saturday morning didn't start out so well.....cloudy, wet and cold.

100_5811.jpg

100_5812.jpg

Last edited:
After a couple of hours of some heavy mist the track finally dried out enough for Randy to brave the track on the Ducati. Wellllllll ........after the first turn outta the gate the bike will not change gears....it's locked up in 3rd.....OH SHID....he's not a happy camper. The first time in 3 track days he's finally able to get it on the track it does this. Just so happens the dealer we bought it from was just a hop, skip and jump down the road so off he goes with it. If it was what they thought it was gonna be they could have it fixed in a couple of hours but if not it would take 3 weeks for the part....OUCH.
He get's back and takes Mr. busa out for 2 sessions. I had custody of his phone while he was out playing with the other org members on the track. I was about to take some video when I hear the phone ring....."Tell Randy his Duc is ready". Best news of the year! He gets in from his session , jumps in the truck and is back for the next session to ride his beloved duc. A bunch of us go to the top of the control tower to watch is first lap around barber in 3 track day. Success!!! He finally did it!!

Here he is leading the pack!

100_5833.jpg

Last edited:
nice pix, like where you all are sitting and chilling, handicap:laugh:

Last edited:
glad you guys are having fun and it finally dried out enough to ride :beerchug:

Made it home sooner than anticipated, One of Randy's riding buddies went down. He's ok. Did a low side at about 60 - 70 mph. Bike has some damage but not as bad as it could have been. Have some pic's but will post them tomorrow.

Back