Another rider goes down, but NOT out!

Damnit Derrick! Still can't believe that this happened. Really can't believe how undamaged your ride is. It was unbelievable. A 30 mph get-off with only 2 broken mirrors.
Now, onto your injuries. ATGATT! Ladies and gentlemen, this means leather pants as well. If you're not wearing leather pants, your not geared up. PERIOD! Broken bones appeared to have happened from impact. Something that the gear doesn't do particularly well. The leather gear is for abrasion mostly, not impact protection. Although every little bit helps.
Can motorcyclists please stop using the rear brake except for at hills or stop lights please. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! It's never ending, "I was running a little wide, maybe going a bit fast, not much, and I touched the rear brake to scrub off tiny bits of speed. Next thing you know, I'm on the ground looking at the sky." How many of you have heard this story. Lamb has a theory on this. The rear brake doesn't cause the chassis to "dip" or "dive" so the braking forces aren't as dynamic as they are at the front brake and therefore harder to feel. However the chassis responds in the same way, by wanting to raise up, or go straight. This feel doesn't come through the handlebars and the rider is late in making the adjustment. This is Lamb's theory with very little merit he's sure. This is not the first or the tenth time that Lamb has heard this scenario. It happens way too often.
Getting everybody home safe and sound is what everybody will do here in socal. Can't imagine it's not like this everywhere. Unfortunately, in this recreation, this happens quite a bit. Sorry for the longwindedness on the "cause of the wreck." Lamb couldn't help himself.

Please heal fast Derrick. Take your time and stay smart with your injuries. You're a good guy with a heart that is way too big. Love ya man! Later!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about you going down, but glad you're OK and the bike has minor damage.

Glad your ok! I wish I could of been there to help and meet with ya, but the wif was sick...Youll be in it back in no time, I went down last month in telly....i have been riding for years and just had a laps next thing you know..horse threw me off...Since I always wear my gear..all I got was 5 broken ribs and the 14 totalled (glad i wasnt on My first gen!!) Well got me a Gen II and im back on it after 4 weeks, even though i shouldnt but oh well...good luck!

Happy b-day Scar!
Happy b-day Big Fisch!

Thanks, Lamb. You were instrumental in getting everyone off of Sage.

Special gratitude should be offered here for you, as well. Thank you so much.

Dang sorry to hear this but you are still here to tell the tale & enjoy dennys again ;). Bike can be fixed but post up the pix and damage report. We can probably figure out the parts from various garages lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Lamb, I owe you big time for more than just the help. The information you shared with me while we were waiting is priceless! I just hope your wife did not give you too much grief!

Aussiekeeper, I will be getting in touch with you on Wednesday afternoon.

Zuk- Thank you for that idea. I will be looking for a couple of parts soon.

update on my foot-
I was seen by the Ortho DR this morning. Right side of foot (where the break is) is in one piece, not two. So that is very good. The left side of my foot is in pain but that is due to all the ligaments are torn and need to stay imobilized for the time being. Foot is still swollen and was placed in a splint until next week. If the bone heals as the DR thinks it will I will NOT surgery. I am VERY to hear that.

Thank you all so very much for the well wishes. It means a lot to me!

update on my foot-
I was seen by the Ortho DR this morning. Right side of foot (where the break is) is in one piece, not two. So that is very good. The left side of my foot is in pain but that is due to all the ligaments are torn and need to stay imobilized for the time being. Foot is still swollen and was placed in a splint until next week. If the bone heals as the DR thinks it will I will NOT surgery. I am VERY to hear that.

Thank you all so very much for the well wishes. It means a lot to me!

Sounds like your gonna be in a cast for a while. That sucks! Torn ligaments to boot. Does this affect your work?

Lamb, I owe you big time for more than just the help. The information you shared with me while we were waiting is priceless!

Most people can't talk to Lamb for more than 5 minutes at a time.:poke: Your crippled butt couldn't go anywhere. You were forced to suffer through it:rofl:

Most people can't talk to Lamb for more than 5 minutes at a time.:poke: Your crippled butt couldn't go anywhere. You were forced to suffer through it:rofl:

oh I think spending time with Lamb is a enjoyable and rewarding experience. Lamb brings humor and fun with him. We are all better for knowing Lamb :thumbsup:

just remember to have lamb check the beer bottle prior to drinking, to ensure that the bar tender did not use the bar ho's money maker to open lamb's beer. :laugh:

Well finally here are the pics of the unfortunate event.
Props to everyone and especially the man with the get off. I only hope that I could compose myself as well as he did. He never complained and still has not done so.:bowdown: Bigfisch.
I also give thanks to all that stayed to help with the clean up and towback to FBC.:beerchug: we will ride together again soon.

I took half the gang to Hemet to meet up and continue into Idyllwild so these are the few pics I have.

Thanks all
Bubba

IMG_8280.JPG

IMG_8281.JPG

IMG_8282.JPG

IMG_8283.JPG

IMG_8286.JPG

IMG_8287.JPG

IMG_8289.JPG

IMG_8290.JPG

IMG_8292.JPG

More great photography, Bubba. A sad story, made a little bit more imaginable through your art of imagery.

Well done.

Back