Fall colors ride

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
In AR still need a couple of weeks for full fall colors, anyway we headed out to take some pics with a matchbox Nikon camera and all our leathers.
DSCN0162.jpg
First stop was for gas in "William's Point". Thought that was kinda cool, cause my name is almost "William" nuff said. The pump was surging, probably no one else in this one horse town uses 93.
DSCN0103.jpg
Inside the gas station store we found Sarah, she was cool with her Arkansas T-Shirt. Check out Bambi behind her.
DSCN0100.jpg
I asked Sarah about the Hunting with "William's Point" and she said it's going strong, showed us the recent Hunt. These are unique to Arkansas.
DSCN0099.jpg
Next stop was the Auto Meuseam in Petit Jean, AR.
Kennedy's Vette.
DSCN0124.jpg
And Kennedy himself.
DSCN0120.jpg
Elvis was a big dude huh?
DSCN0123.jpg
When gas was cheap.
DSCN0115.jpg
And Harleys did not weigh much.
DSCN0133.jpg
Some fall colors outside the museum. Leathers are great when you go on your knees to take a photo. Think they will work well next time I tile my bathroom.
DSCN0142.jpg
Getting dark, so we had to rent a cabin at Petit Jean Mountain, cool place with lots to do.
DSCN0152.jpg
Next day we headed back some more fall colors on the mountain, too early, but trying.
DSCN0178.jpg
The true story of Petit Jean mountain (serious now) is about a girl who was engaged to a Frenchman about to discover the new world of the Americas in the 1700's. He postponed their marriage until he would establish that the new world was safe to bring her back to, with a wedding when he returns to France. Petit Jean was so in love, she disguised herself as a cabin boy named Little John and sneaked onto the sailing vessel. She maintained her disguise well, but before sailing back to France from this mountain, she fell sick with a virus and her real identity was revealed just before she passed away. She begged for forgiveness. This is her grave below, and the moutain which is now famous was named after her.
Petit Jean Grave.jpg
Heading back we took a detour on some private road and got wifey real upset. Sheez, was I really going that fast?
DSCN0105.jpg
DSCN0104.jpg
Wifey decided just there that she will not get back on the Busa, so we tried something powerfull and slow with ATGATT to be extra safe.
Tractor.jpg
After trying real hard, in the town of Perrysville we found the apple lady and wifey was at peace for a safe trip home on the Busa. $1 for a small tub of apples, don't we just love this state!!!
DSCN0180.jpg

True fall colors are right around Halloween here in AR, so we may try again, last week-end of October for a day ride. Anyone in the area, give us a PM.

DSCN0162.jpg

DSCN0103.jpg

DSCN0100.jpg

DSCN0099.jpg

DSCN0124.jpg

DSCN0120.jpg

DSCN0123.jpg

DSCN0115.jpg

DSCN0133.jpg

DSCN0142.jpg

DSCN0152.jpg

DSCN0178.jpg

Petit Jean Grave.jpg

DSCN0105.jpg

DSCN0104.jpg

Tractor.jpg

DSCN0180.jpg

Nice, thanks for posting. Leaves are toast here, falling. Looks like the tires hold up well on them tractors, fronts are a little smooth on the four wheeled one.

Excellent post! Great pics with nice scenary and the occasional humor thrown in was funny :thumbsup: LMAO at the one of you geared up sitting on the old azz tractor. LOL

Must've been nice for you two shackin' up in the cabin after a long day of riding. I'm sure you did Petit Jean proud:whistle: :laugh:

Nice trip all around and you have yourself a trooper of a pillion there :beerchug:

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
great pics...glad you made it back home safely and am looking forward to riding with you guys again soon :beerchug:

Back