My 330 osd pics...

which ones...where are those at?

The fine adjustment of the daul essentrics is behind this part. After installing the OSD cover plate you have to ajust them. They make sure the plate is correctly aligned with the sprocket bearing....so not to drag or bind on it. Then this billet cap goes over them on the OSD plate. IF the its NOT aligned correct this billet cap should NOT fit in correctly either. SOrry I have no pics fo the essentric before put the cap on.

The dual essentrics slide around pushing the OSD plate off the cone that is bolted to the end of the pivot bolt. You HAVE to get this correct or you may have issues later.:whistle:

essentrics.jpg

The fine adjustment of the daul essentrics is behind this part. After installing the OSD cover plate you have to ajust them. They make sure the plate is correctly aligned with the sprocket bearing....so not to drag or bind on it. Then this billet cap goes over them on the OSD plate. IF the its NOT aligned correct this billet cap should NOT fit in correctly either. SOrry I have no pics fo the essentric before put the cap on.

The dual essentrics slide around pushing the OSD plate off the cone that is bolted to the end of the pivot bolt. You HAVE to get this correct or you may have issues later.:whistle:

:bowdown:on the explanation...I have a feeling I'll be keepig in touch with you (if you don't mind) when I start tinkering with my 360OSD and making sure everything is good with it before I get some sit time on it. I'm kinda new to the fatty club ,but I'm really liking it.

:bowdown:on the explanation...I have a feeling I'll be keepig in touch with you (if you don't mind) when I start tinkering with my 360OSD and making sure everything is good with it before I get some sit time on it. I'm kinda new to the fatty club ,but I'm really liking it.

So the Purple beast you got is an OSD360? Or are you looking to find and convert it to OSD? Hit me up....Id be glad to talk here or over at :whistle:.

got it from kosman specialties.... yea man hit me up, dont feel bad though my schedule is super busy too, especially work... i just got my first day off in 2 1/2 months !!

Don't mean to thread jack here, but wanted to comment to Boaz. (oh, and killer '05 conversion!! Been toying with the fat tire mod but don't like the jack shaft. OSD is the way to be! :thumbsup: )

So, Boaz, are you considering converting your off-set, jack shaft drive to on OutSideDrive? Personally, I like the OSD for at least two reasons: less power loss through less rotating mass, and less power loss through less rotating mass (oh gee, did I already say that?) Anyway, I'm sure BigRod can get you up to date on the technical info.

And when are you planning more pics of Barney? or did I miss 'em somewheres else? Everybody have a good 'un, and now, back to your regularly scheduled thread. :beerchug:

What are you trying to show us in that pic....how WIDE the jackshaft sprocket is???

Don't mean to thread jack here, but wanted to comment to Boaz. (oh, and killer '05 conversion!! Been toying with the fat tire mod but don't like the jack shaft. OSD is the way to be! :thumbsup: )

So, Boaz, are you considering converting your off-set, jack shaft drive to on OutSideDrive? Personally, I like the OSD for at least two reasons: less power loss through less rotating mass, and less power loss through less rotating mass (oh gee, did I already say that?) Anyway, I'm sure BigRod can get you up to date on the technical info.

And when are you planning more pics of Barney? or did I miss 'em somewheres else? Everybody have a good 'un, and now, back to your regularly scheduled thread. :beerchug:

you know that was a question ive been meaning to ask... i thought that was an OSD set up
guess im wrong, still dont quite understand the diffrance.. its got the secondary chain on the outside of the frame. thought thats what it meant.
i really need to be school'd bout this i guess

you know that was a question ive been meaning to ask... i thought that was an OSD set up
guess im wrong, still dont quite understand the diffrance.. its got the secondary chain on the outside of the frame. thought thats what it meant.
i really need to be school'd bout this i guess

:laugh:OK....I was woundering why you said about a 360 OSD? They are not out YET.
The typical fatty works with a JACKSHAFT cog: this runs one chain in stock location just a short distance to this cog, the cog then offsets outward ( to what size fatty you running..diff for 300, 330, and 360, and even the overcrazy bigger) then from the cog the second chain runs back to the wheel. THis is the Jackshaft COG = HP steeling device...that takes a lot of torgue being pulled in op direction on both sides from the dual chains.

The OSD is one chain with a large offset front sprocket in stock location that then has the chain on the outside of the frame with a support cover sim to a billet slave support bracket. This also pushes the left rearset outward about 3 inches cause the chain is now at its norm location.
Here are 2 pics of the MULLET for you:
1. with jackshaft
2. with the OSD

DSCN1265.jpg

DSC00382.jpg

O, i get it...so its just converts into 1 chain...
i guess mines is only HOSD..'half outside drive'
i think im gonna stick with that, dont really mind the loss f HP, im not taking it to the track any time soon.
i just need to make sure everyhing is adjusted right within the jackshaft.
thanks for clearing that up:beerchug:

Hi guys. I'm really sorry to butt :moon: in but I just wanted to know if anyone knows a place or person where I can order an O.S.D. support for a 360 wheel on a Hayabusa? I've heard Kosman Specialties fabricates these but when I speak/e-mail them, it's as if they have no idea what I'm talking about. I'm sure it must have something to do with some sort of agreament with Roaring Toys but I've heard of dozens of people getting something straight from the fabricator. I want to make my own single sided tubular swingarm. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys :thumbsup:

E mail Sandy Kosman he''ll talk to you.Screw buying that for Roaring TOYZ first they didn't come up with the idea it's a dragbike idea thats over 40 years old! It's real name is outside bearing support to use with 15" car tire set up for Pro stock,Pro mod Top Gas bikes! So anyone who buys it from Roaring TOYZ IS AN *******!Look up chassis builders I'm sure trac can do it as well as any other company.:thumbsup:

YEAH DUDE!!! I didn't wanna dis Roaring Toys but they can lick my left ... So rude and didn't wanna help at all. At least the guys from Kosman and polite and helpfull. Would you happen to have Sandy's e-mail address? Man, you just made my day! Thanks

@ insane-kustomz. I just recieved my osd from Kossman. It did take a while but I finally got it. I havent seen it yet as it was delivered to the shop where my bike is gonna get workd ok. Roaring toyz would not sell me just the osd kit I had to buy an arm with it. Ok now the thing is I wanted an 18 over arm and they couldnt make it for me so regardless I would have to still buy an arm from them to get the osd kit and would cost me $3000 WTF!!! They were no help at all and just were plain A-holes for trying to sell me an arm I had no use for. between me the guys at the shop and Sandy, it took over a month going back and forth to act. get a OSD order put in. I Was told 4 weeks, finally came in during the 11th week. YEs I was a lil irritated but I have it now so Im good to go. Now waiting on my single sided arm and wheels to come in from C&S once all is here the build will begin.

@ sanket_420. You should gave me a little hope when I was about to give up... I've been talking with a Robert from Kosman but I think he gave up on me... I've heard a lot of Sandy, would you happen to have his e-mail? The O.S.D that you got, was is for a 330 or 360 rear wheel? And finally (if you don't mind me asking) how much did the kit cost you? I've gotta contact them into the 360 O.S.D. kit. My biggest mistake was assuming that I can purchase the O.S.D directly before buying the 360 rear rim and tire. I just hope I can use it now :please: Thanks soo much!

@ sanket_420. You should gave me a little hope when I was about to give up... I've been talking with a Robert from Kosman but I think he gave up on me... I've heard a lot of Sandy, would you happen to have his e-mail? The O.S.D that you got, was is for a 330 or 360 rear wheel? And finally (if you don't mind me asking) how much did the kit cost you? I've gotta contact them into the 360 O.S.D. kit. My biggest mistake was assuming that I can purchase the O.S.D directly before buying the 360 rear rim and tire. I just hope I can use it now :please: Thanks soo much!

insayne dont give up man, its hard but not impossible. It took me over a month of going back n forth between me and Sandy then the shop that's doing all the work them and Sandy and man it was a mess. No one would give us straight answers and Roaring Toys straight shut us down when we asked to buy just the osd kit from them. Finally my shop was able to deal up with Sandy and sell us the osd kit for $1000. My kit just arrived at the shop last week I still havent seen it yet as Ive been busy with other stuff that needs attention. Another member on here BusaINthaWinD had jsut recently ordered one for $1000 from Sandy and is waiting on his kit. I dont have sandy's email we just basically talked over the phone. I ordered a single sided 18 over arm from C&S customs should be here in a week or so along with 300 tire on chrome 18" rims front and rear. I actually didnt order anything until the my order on the osd kit was confirmed and payment was made so then I went ahead and ordered the rest of my tire kit because without the osd kit the whole project is over before it starts. Hopefully Sandy will help you out and sell you just the osd kit but as far as RT forget them.

Back