Thanks to NitrousJunkie

BigBSBusa

Comin' back stronger than ever!
Donating Member
Registered
He doesn't post here a lot, but wanted to let everyone know that NitrousJunkie is the real deal.  A great American doing great things in a foreign land.  I had the opportunity to attend a conference in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, over the last week and he came down, so we could get the chance to meet.  We spent about 2 hours talking motorcycle stuff and he was even nice enough to bring his 'Busa down and let me ride.  

His bike is an attention getter with the paint and will be getting a few mods in the near future including an HMF high mount system (was supposed to happen yesterday).  I wasn't real sure about ridin' over there, but couldn't let the opportunity pass by.  I started her up and got to hear what my Micron slip-ons will sound like and then got ready to ride.  Was very careful riding because of the traffic and because it was his bike, but enjoyed myself tremendously.  Filled a void that I had been missing for about 5 months now, but I really can't wait to get back and put Baby J on the road.  Even had a couple other riders (1 'Busa and 1 Kawi) pull over to meet and talk with us.

Got to meet his girlfriend and find out more about the country.  I am including some pics, but wanted to tell him thanks for the conversation and the opportunity to ride while over there.  Hoping we can link up and do it all again!

This is a picture of a Mosque under construction. Has had some delays because of the size and marble that will cover the outside, but is a very impressive structure. It will probably be the 2nd largest Mosque in the area.

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097865721 -->

IMG_0197.JPG

The next 3 show the expanse of a convention center that is being built for a single conference next year.  After that it will be converted into a 6-Star hotel.  That's right I said 6-Star. The picture/moral is of their country's leader.

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097865952 -->

IMG_0207.JPG

Couldn't tell from the previous pic, but size really does matter over here! Pardon the window glass, but I couldn't get to the roof to get a full shot.

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097866050 -->

IMG_0209.JPG

You can do a little shopping here in an actual mall. Almost makes you feel like you are at home. It has a Mexican restaurant and a Starbucks.

IMG_0211.JPG

This is the 2nd largest Officer's Mess in the world. Please don't ask me what the 1st largest is because I don't know. It is enormous with a 600 room hotel and gulfside golf course.

IMG_0198.JPG

Another shot of their leader from inside the Officer's Mess.

IMG_0212.JPG

And the entrance to the Mess.  That's all for now.

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097866501 -->

IMG_0216.JPG

Starbucks...wow, what a shock!  
wink.gif

Those buildings are tremendous!  And really beautiful...Vegas must build bigger!  
laugh.gif

Glad you got to ride a Busa after so many months away...that had to feel good!  
biggrin.gif

Thanks, BA. There is a lot to say about some of the sites there. Hopefully I will get back to see NJ again.

Awesome looking pics BS. Glad you got to ride a Busa. It must of felt good!
biggrin.gif

Back