Killer deals on Suomy/Shoei/Other helmets!!

coop65sr

Donating Member
Registered
I just wanted to pass on the info to anybody who might even remotely be thinking about getting a new helmet---
Dennis Kirk has some limited sizes HUGE markdowns on some of their helmets on their site right now!! I saw a few limited Shoei RF-1000's and some others

I had been looking and shopping around for several months on what I wanted and was looking at the Suomy Spec 1R Extreme models...had found one on EBAY a couple of months ago for $280-$335 price range... and was just itching to get it but had some other things come up so I just let the thought go... I had seen a Scorpion EXO-700 on New Enough for $109 and even contemplated buying it for that price...fooled around and let them sell out of my size in the color I wanted:banghead::banghead:

But in looking at this email that Dennis Kirk sent out to me yesterday, I looked to see what all they had marked down...
Found this Bostrom Suomy Spec 1R...... and I Bought IT!!!!

For $ 163.00------- sugg. retail is $649---- How's that for a killer deal :bowdown:

Just wanted to pass this info on to everybody....if you're looking you may want to browse what they have---might find you a good deal also!!!
Hope this helps somebody too!!!! Early Christmas present for me!!:thumbsup:

Suomy Bostrom 05.jpg

Suomy Bostrom 05 2.jpg

Yeah I had narrowed it down to it and a couple of other choices goodluck but at that price that was THE choice:cheerleader: I haven't ever seen one that reasonably priced so I jumped on it... I think they had four left in stock--- but they had some more color schemes available too--- limited sizes but still a good variety---and some decent prices on an RF-1000 but sizing was limited--- worth checking out though:thumbsup:

great deals damn, i did try on the new rf1100 shoei and omg i have never had a lid fit like that did it was soo freaking nice..like they made it just for my fat head

great deals damn, i did try on the new rf1100 shoei and omg i have never had a lid fit like that did it was soo freaking nice..like they made it just for my fat head

Cool busa dave--- glad I could point somebody else to a great deal too!!
05BusaBlu---:laugh: I gotta big ol' head too--- had to special order my football helmet in high school:whistle::laugh:

wow thanks for the info.. im gonna check it out! that sure is a nice looking helmet.

Last edited:
sorry for the double post.. this says nothing.. my Iraqi internet is being dumb tonight!!!

Last edited:
I haven't tried on a Suomy but am going by the sizing in comparison to my Icon Mainframe that I presently have--
For my XL head the Icon size range is 24 to 24 3/8 (60-61 cm)
The Suomy actually has a little broader range of sizing in their XL-- it is 23 1/2 to 24 3/8

From the review that I have read from Webbike world on the Spec 1R Extreme, it fits about the same as the Shoei RF-1000 but not quite as narrow at the top---
Fits closer to the same as Arai's Quantum II according to the reviewer at Webbike World...:beerchug: More of a round head fitment profile...

That is a GREAT PRICE. I paid about 2X that for mine...

Suomys are sized SMALL - go one size larger. That's a 2005 model so it's almost 5 years old now, but I sure like the look!

Photo8.jpg

They have the womens Icon Kitty for 62.50 tried to get my wife to buy one but she found one that is prettier and matched her bike better..:banghead: It is a ZR1 wich I haven't heard of and only DOT approved. Do any of you have a ZR1 helmet and if so could you comment on the good or bad? Thanks...

Back