EXAMPLES OF MY NEW CUSTOM TAIL LIGHTS

here is what they look like mounted, it's not finished but you get the idea. Still waiting on hugger getting painted.

JD

onbike.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
on bike with tail light only. Brake lights dont photo to well to bright!

JD

onbikelit.jpg

Cad design, engineering, cnc cutting takes 2-4 weeks, then getting it built, plus actual assembly is time. Seperatly Im not the one who gets the credit for the building etc. But the turn signals will be identical to the tail lights just smaller. Same LED's. But for now, just have the dual units.

JD

How much would it run for just the brake lights? I dont need any special integration kit. I just want to replace my brake lights that came with my FSD kit. I am looking at it in black with the 3mm lights.

Big E, the tail lights are built as is as far as the circuits are inside the housing. All you would be getting is the brake lights (2, left and right). Whether you hook up the turn signal wires in each is up to you. Same price $180.00 million dollllars to your door!

JD

A lot of people, especially those with extended tail sections or airtech tails, have asked will these lights fit the stock tail lights.

Well I have looked at it and came up with the following:

YES, slight mod but easily can be done.

The first pic is the back side of the stock tail light unit with the right light/mount removed.

Looking at the right light. The black plastic ring around the hole the bulb goes in will need to be opened more to accomodate the larger diameter lights. The replacement LED lights are not larger then the outer perimeter of the available hole that can be cut out/made larger. (see 2nd pic, new lights will fit in space provided).

MVC_071F.JPG

In this pic you can see the new lights will fit, some trim will be needed.

MVC_072F.JPG

The last pic is the factory mount. You can see two holes will need to be made for the threaded rods to get through. This will cause the factory mount to sit higher than before but there is plenty of room behind the lights. (whole tailsection). Due to the factory mount bracket sitting higher, a hollow spacer of some sort will be needed between the taillight housing and the factory bracket due to being elevated. Two longer screws will also be needed to mount the factory mount bracket back down. (longer screws and spacer). The spacer will prevent the lights from falling down inside the taillight housing.

So in a nut shell the lights are secured to the bracket and the bracket is secured to the back of the facotry light as before just raised up more due to height of lights. Wire and go.

YEP IT WORKS!

WHO WANTS ONE. I would get the 5mm LED's now that you wont be looking at the color. I would also consider if your using a clear lens or red lens. If red I would get red housings to blend better, or maybe even silver ones.

ICE

MVC_073F.JPG

Heck they'll cutcha if you look directly at them. Lazer quality LED's. Not for everyone but maaan I really like em.

JD

with brakes applied w/factory lens look.  These are 3mm LED's and pictures just dont do it justice.  5mm is even brighter. These do not have the alumin reflective housing that you will be using in the stock light which will yield more light.

I'd like to get a set of those, if they are still available.

E-mail me when you get a chance, Iceman.

Thanks.

here is a 5mm in black in a black extreme graphics undertail with their turn signals. I should have everything around monday or tuesday. It took longer than I thought. Thanks everyone for being patient. It's been tuff.

There is just no comparrison to the stock "bulb w/led's" in it. See the difference with just tail lights only. The brake light only was too bright to pic. Top is above 3mm w/stock, bottom is 5mm w/stock. Either way both Sweeeeet!

JD

5mm_tail.gif

Back