New Small Help With rear wheel :(

vmaxbaby

Registered
So here is the story, took off my rear wheel to get a new tire put on which was last week. Got the wheel today and started to put it back on and now I forget how the rear brake attaches to it. The brake pads fell out so everything is on the garage floor :( Leaving for a wedding in a few but when I get home tonight will try and finish this up for tomorrows ride. Can someone with a digital camera take some close up shots of the rear brake assemblely so I can figure this out. If I had enough time this morning I may have been able but leaving for a wedding and now pi$$ed that I don't remember the steps. Any help and pictures would be great. My 05 busa was simple I hope this is also :banghead:

Thank you in advance.

Can't take a pic, but try this:

0062.jpg

Thank you for the drawing it does help, but if anyone can snap a picture as well it couldn't hurt to have to much info. Also can I put the brake on and put the brake pads on last ? It seems I couldn't get everything to stay in place as I was trying to muscle the wheel up parts were dropping on the floor. :( I think this is a 2 person job :)

Slide the axle in from the chain side. Makes life 1000% easier. Slide it through to the spacer on the brake side, set the brake mount in place, finish pushing axle through.

Make sure you slide the tab in to the swingarm before pushing the axle through :laugh: I had to put mine together twice the first time :duh:

FWIW,

I remove the caliper and pads,

That way I am only having to align the rear brake caliper holding assembly in the dove tail it sits in then run the axle through. It also keeps me from scratching the wheel up with the brake caliper there, I wrap it in a cloth and let it rest to the side of the swingarm. Once I get the axle into place and some turns on the axle nut I'll bolt the pads and caliper back into place.

I have done it three times and it's a wrestling match to do it and not scratch stuff but it's doable. :thumbsup:

Got it back together and tools cleaned up in 30 minutes. Thanks to all for the words of advice...Now that I have done it it will go allot faster next time and compare to the 05 I think it is easier.

Thank you for the drawing it does help, but if anyone can snap a picture as well it couldn't hurt to have to much info. Also can I put the brake on and put the brake pads on last ? It seems I couldn't get everything to stay in place as I was trying to muscle the wheel up parts were dropping on the floor. :( I think this is a 2 person job :)
That is wat girlfriends & wives are for ! :rofl:

I have only had mine off once...wasn't very happy with the design and the need for more hands. The caliper dropped onto the rim :banghead: while trying to pull the axle out. I think Suzuki could of made things easier...:whistle: I am sure the next time will be better now I know what to expect.

Girlfirends and wives.. .I keep them out of the garage they ask to many stupid questions... well at least all the girls I date do.. :(

You also have two spacers. The shorter of the two goes on the chain side, and the larger one with the flange goes on the brake side. Undo the bolt that holds the caliper in place. Get the wheel in position and put the chain on the sprocket. Slide the axel in from the chain side untill it is about 1/4" from the end of the spacer. The wheel should hang there now why you position the caliper between the spacer and swingarm and push the axel the rest of the way through.

Back