Good photography takes timing.............

I don't have much wildlife in my portfolio, but here are a couple. Neither are what I would consider great:

3997284186_396b7a1f03_o.jpg

3996524477_3b34487f26_o.jpg

Are you kidding? Those are great shots, Tack sharp and detailed, great bokah too!:thumbsup:
Thanks, I will try to find some of my turtle shots.
Bubba

Believe it or not, the Toad was shot at f11. Distance from lense to subject was about four inches...handheld while lying in the grass in my backyard. Gotta love macro!

My biggest problem with both of these is the lighting, but I'm not a huge fan of getting out of bed at 5 a.m. to go looking for wildlife to photograph.

Believe it or not, the Toad was shot at f11. Distance from lense to subject was about four inches...handheld while lying in the grass in my backyard. Gotta love macro!

My biggest problem with both of these is the lighting, but I'm not a huge fan of getting out of bed at 5 a.m. to go looking for wildlife to photograph.

F11? and that much blur? What lens was that?
Got to admit I don't much care for the hours of great lighting myself.:laugh:

F11? and that much blur? What lens was that?
Got to admit I don't much care for the hours of great lighting myself.:laugh:

F11 with a macro lens is not uncommon. I have one for my Canon that does marco at F5.6, but that is a professional lens. The blur is because the focal plain at maximum zoom is very narrow. The more you zoom, the more narrow the focal plain.

BTW. The pictures you took are good. Don't kid yourself.

:beerchug:

Back