Double Bixenon Retro

yes, gen 1 has a separate adjustment up and down, left and right, for each lamp, which really helped me line up the two beams. almost done...

1007091021a.jpg

1007091021.jpg

1007091021b.jpg

lovin it, could you do the gen2 with the bottom being the low beam and the top the high beam even with the single adjustability and can you make the flash to pass work ass well all in a 6k or 6 low and 5k high

dot regs say that the high beam is supposed to be the bottom one if headlights are in a stacked config. otherwise it's the inboard. i can definetly put a bixenon projector where your high beam is tho. stock look, much better performance.

finished pix, night shots after it gets dark.

1007091049.jpg

1007091049a.jpg

1007091049b.jpg

Last edited:
dot regs say that the high beam is supposed to be the bottom one if headlights are in a stacked config. otherwise it's the inboard. i can definetly put a bixenon projector where your high beam is tho. stock look, much better performance.

well considering aftermarket HID are not DOT complient anyways, does it matter :rofl:

technically these are approved projectors for street use that utilize a factory hid. they are perfectly legal in this configuration. a flash to pass is not good idea as hid does not like that due to the need to warm up and it is not good for an hid lamp to be started . What you could do is have him install a seperate flash lamp or small set of lamps in between the upper and lower projectors and use that to flash maybe led even. looks awesome man.

technically these are approved projectors for street use that utilize a factory hid. they are perfectly legal in this configuration. a flash to pass is not good idea as hid does not like that due to the need to warm up and it is not good for an hid lamp to be started . What you could do is have him install a seperate flash lamp or small set of lamps in between the upper and lower projectors and use that to flash maybe led even. looks awesome man.

just cuz the components were legal at 1x, and then "put" on another application does in NO way make them DOT complaint.

unless OGRE has gone thru DOT testing.

that bird don't hunt.

i never said they were, although i'd like to think it'd pass dot testing. (if the stock one passed, lol, mine should) yes, this part would technically be a "show piece" only. so are ALL hid kits. including ddm. go hunt that. anyway, i don't think i'll be doing the double bixenon's on a regular basis. i think a headlight modulator on the stock low beam and putting a bixenon projector where the factory high beam is would maximize both performance AND safety. and it'd be a fork of a lot simpler for me to do. these are NOT the projectors i'd be using for customers, customers would get better ones. looks pretty rad with the dual setup tho.

1007091253.jpg

i never said they were, although i'd like to think it'd pass dot testing. (if the stock one passed, lol, mine should) yes, this part would technically be a "show piece" only. so are ALL hid kits. including ddm. go hunt that.

agreed

but head east busa, gave some misinformation and thats why i quoted him and "corrected" his answer.

Good work!

Looks good all together ogre! That's a very creative idea for generating income as well. :beerchug:

I will be pitching you some work, hopefully this month. I'll be in touch.

sorry all I'm really meaning to say is that that light is a factory hid and legal I may have been a little ahead of myself but technically it is or was a standard at one point and time Like I said technically. I hunt for the loopholes :laugh: If I go into detail it would take too long I'm good with this :thumbsup:

factory HID's are legal in an oem application. as soon as they're in a non HID housing, they're illegal. i don't think cops are going to bother you about it if your headlights are adjusted right. it's almost dark, want to go take some night pix

i could put some purple LED's or purple ccfl halos in your headlight too. or paint the inner housing

k, it's cold as **** here, so i didn't take many pix. things i've learned from this retro:
not worth the hassle to do a double bixenon retro, it's bling for sure, and it looks totally rad, but the output doesn't benefit as much from the second projector as it did from the first. also, it's hard as hell to mount the upper projector perfectly straight. benefits were realized after the fact, i've got good side illumination on the right, lights up road signs from so far away, it's great. anyway, first shot is dual low beams, second is dual high beams. if you know anyone in kalispell, i'd be glad to roll out for some hi res photos for you guys.

1007092156.jpg

1007092156a.jpg

ok, well you can't tell from the pix (yay cell phone), but the high beams illuminated the houses all the way at the end of the block, all the way to the top of the garage. very wide beam pattern, a good 20 feet wider on each side of the road, compared to stock. i want to do a 55w single bixenon next.

So your hid's are hi/lo built into the same housings? I guess what I'm saying is lo beams on both projectors lite up. and when hi beams are on again both projectors lite up? ???

exactly. both have low beam and high beam. so i have the same light output as a car with bixenon projectors. i really wish i had a better camera, my cell doesn't take very good pix at night.

Back