New motor on my boat

streaker00

Registered
I just bought a bigger motor for my boat and had to put it in the water to test it out. Let me know what you think of it. It's a 1978 15' Hydrostream Viper. The hull is origional and the motor was also but I upgraded from a 80 hp Merc to a 200hp Evinrude. It's going to be extremely fast once I get the bugs worked out.

Jim

DSC01187.JPG

sweet looking boat but it looks a little low in the rear.
tounge.gif

I know that little hull very well....the extra weight and hp from a big V6 'rude will make it handle a little funny....be prepared to drive through some serious chine walk at about 75 mph...if you can get it to take a set nicely, you should get 85 or so out of that setup......make sure the bottom is true....70's era "streams can develop hooks if the stringers get soft,. or if they spend too much time on a trailer that doesn't bunk up right.

That thing needs black on the back. merc all the way.But Sweeeet should be a hell of a ride, what wheel you turning?
firedevil.gif
bomb.gif

wow.gif
Did ya kinda exceed that little plate, the one posted by the US Coast Guard, saying that this craft is designed for X# of persons and X# of Horsepower?

Be Careful.

Stealth,

biggrin.gif
freakin Speed Junkie all the way across the board... Corvettes, Fast Boats, Turbo this, Tricked out Diesel Trucks.... I am begining to see a definite pattern here folks.

Cool boat man, has to be pretty damn fun... Used to be a neighbor down the street had a small hull like that with a V-8 sitting right behind your head... Scary assed damn thing...

Newredboosa, I'm going back to a merc in the spring. That Rude is too heavy. I'm not able to hold it open because I have to finish setting the weight on the boat. I decided not to finish it 'til spring when I have a real motor(merc) on it and dual steering. So far it's able to hit just under 70 before it gets scary. It's no where even close to wide open,should hit 80-85. What do you think of this one Relvis?

DSC00922.JPG

I had a 18 foot checkmate powered by a merc 2.5 efi, .60 over wisecos, rapair mod-vp ecu, lightwieght cowl, swinging a 28 chopper at 7800 rpm, good for about 98 on the radar gun.
firedevil.gif

Hey Chris!

I just checked out the picts!

Who is thhe Hottie in the pict next to you and why haven't we heard more?!?

Back