Some People ???

lar300mag

Donating Member
Registered
I have to rant just a little,
I am a Captian on an inland towboat, (pic included) I had to fire a guy yesterday because he would not get out of bed and go on duty. When I confronted him, he told me "f**k you, I aint working today" So I fired him, within 30 minutes, I had a cab waiting and his flight info ready for him to go back to Houston. I checked the room he was in and found that he pi$$ed all over the walls and floor and $h1t on the bed. What in the world is wrong with these people? Well I did manage to get his last check with held to repay for the damage done. Brief history on this guy, in 4 months, he have been put off of 5 boats because he doesn't want to do his job, after this, I also think his career working in the inland towing industry is over. Just cant figure people out...

Gayolyn_Ann_Griffin(20050513)BS-01.jpg

Sounds like some people that I have met in the Navy. I can't fire them though, but I can sure as #$%^ make life suck for them...:lol:

Mani

Some of my friends are business owners and they tell me often of their labor problems. With unemployment through the roof you'd think people would put a little effort in trying to keep their jobs. I just don't get it.

No use trying to figure out that kind of idiot. Just write them off as deranged scumbags.
Never change. Gonna windup incarcerated.

And I bet that idiot is at home now complaining about the economy and how hard it is to find good work. What a putz.

Mani

That sux! I dont know if it is leagal to withold pay, but I bet you could have him arrested for vandalism and perhaps biohazard endangerment ...

That sux! I dont know if it is leagal to withold pay, but I bet you could have him arrested for vandalism and perhaps biohazard endangerment ...
If they do damage on the way out the door that last check can be garnished. :cheerleader:

Serves him right that you did it too.

Just remember, special guys like that aren't as common as it seems. Good luck on finding a good replacement.

I am a Captian on an inland towboat, (pic included) I had to fire a guy yesterday because he would not get out of bed and go on duty. When I confronted him, he told me "f**k you, I aint working today" So I fired him, within 30 minutes, I had a cab waiting and his flight info ready for him to go back to Houston. I checked the room he was in and found that he pi$$ed all over the walls and floor and $h1t on the bed. What in the world is wrong with these people? Well I did manage to get his last check with held to repay for the damage done. Brief history on this guy, in 4 months, he have been put off of 5 boats because he doesn't want to do his job, after this, I also think his career working in the inland towing industry is over. Just cant figure people out...

Sorry to hear you went through such a thing. however make you you legally cover yourself. Last thing you want is for "Scum" like this to find some "loophole" and burn your ars on top of everything.

The guy is probably some type of undiagnosed bipolar or schizotypal disorder. Don't try to understand him just be glad you got rid of him.

No use trying to figure out that kind of idiot. Just write them off as deranged scumbags.
Never change. Gonna windup incarcerated.

+1, Agree! Good luck with his replacement. Should be easy to find someone since so many people are looking for work!

Does this mean you're hiring? :laugh:

Why did you hire him if you knew he had been put off all those boats?

and +1 on the hiring?

Sorry to hear you went through such a thing. however make you you legally cover yourself. Last thing you want is for "Scum" like this to find some "loophole" and burn your ars on top of everything.
CYA, I done all the paperwork....

Does this mean you're hiring? :laugh:
Yep, we always hire...

Why did you hire him if you knew he had been put off all those boats?

and +1 on the hiring?
The company I work for does the hiring, we are currently running 10 boats and about 130 to 150 people.

CYA, I done all the paperwork....

Yep, we always hire...

The company I work for does the hiring, we are currently running 10 boats and about 130 to 150 people.

I know where you are on this. I used to work in the Gulf on an oil rig, and if a guy did this once too often he was more or less b'listed, but it takes more than one or two times to make this happen, unfortunately there are a lot of guys that think they can just do what they want, and they travel from rig to rig for a while before someone gets wise to their name and MO.
Hope you have better luck with your next FNG.
Bubba

Sounds like someone who would have slept while the boat sank...good for you. :bowdown:

Back